Typical BA Salary?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Ketsle, 9th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ketsle

Ketsle Well-Known Member

I know its typically how long is a piece of string. However what would you consider a base wage for a BA ex commissions? Junior BA just starting out more specifically.

Kind regards,

2. tomerayz

tomerayz Well-Known Member

In what industry are we talking? FMCG, banking, finance?

3. Ketsle

Ketsle Well-Known Member

For a property advisory firm dealing with private clients

4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Do you have your full Cert IV or only COR?

5. tomerayz

probably a big range but i’m going to say 85-100k

Ketsle likes this.
  6. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Not bad money.

7. sydney sid

sydney sid Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in hearing from a BA on this. I'd guess that a BA earns about $8000 per property bought. It's my understanding that a BA can't and nor would they, take on a customer that would compete for the same property of an existing customer. I can't remember how long they have to find a property, but from memory it's quite some time. My point is that I don't think it's like you could have unlimited customers. I also wonder if buyers look for some sort of track record or testimonials of the buyer's agent, so maybe it's difficult at first. If it was easy money I think more would do it, so I'll guess around 40k starting out and 120k plus for those established with a good reputation.

8. Squirrell

Squirrell Well-Known Member

Wonder if they make most money by using the wisdom gained from their day job to build their own portfolio. Most of us dont get to research the market, build contacts with agents, develop negotiating skills, pick up off market ppties and learn from your clients mistakes etc as a full time occupation.

Cousinit likes this.
  9. tomerayz

I just realised that this thread is about Buyers Agents and not Business Analysts… :poopsies!

Redom and New Town like this.
  10. 27649

27649 Well-Known Member

Depends on business model. Some go low yield, high volume or some go low volume high yield.

The big Buyers Agencies particularly the national buying brands like dashdot I hear make like 1M a month. Others do around 18-25 purchases a month charging between $10-15k.

a solo BA can make over 100k with roughly 8 clients charging 15k

11. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

Dashdot $1M a month sounds a lot...that`s flipping 67 properties a month @ $15k comm each, 2 settlements per day.

12. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

A BA who is self employed keeps their whole fee (excepting GST) but will have outgoings and needs to manage capacity so they can service present clients. A BA in a larger team as a employee may find a heirarchy to who gets what. eg $1500 per settled property PLUS base salary. Its like in real estate agencies. The comms get split with the listing agent, principal(busienss) and the selling agent. If you worked for a BA they may structure it so you get XX% and it certainly is not 100%. Some commissioned staff may also play debit / credit with comms and salary so the base salary is always an advance. They typically get a higher comm per property

13. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Imagine there may be some pullback in this industry over the next 18 months. Similar to brokerages.

14. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Yes. However I suspect that mortgage brokers could be about to really make a difference since refinancing when rates rise may be one of the few ways to avoid cashflow pain. But some borrowers who are already on the rack may find they have no further options

15. applesathome

applesathome Well-Known Member

In a hot market I imagine they'd be doing better too.

I know one personally and he closes 3-4 deals a week charging around $15k a pop, obviously that's not all profit though.

16. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

This :D

Just like every industry, it varies depending on how big or small you are, if employed or on contract, how much business you bring in and what your remuneration is. There is certainly no "average" base wage though the minimum rates for a real estate worker are to be found in the Award. As a BA starting out you are classified exactly the same as a REA (under same licence category) See Award here Real Estate Industry Award [MA000106] - Fair Work Ombudsman

mentorsaif likes this.