Two or multi lots in QLD - tutorial on how to find them

Discussion in 'Development' started by Lisa Parker, 6th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,
    A contact was telling me about a tutorial (I think a guy named Matt something.....) on how to easily find the two and multi lots in and around Brisbane.

Does any one know where I can find the tutorial or do you have any tools/tips which would help in locating them so I can approach owners directly?

Thank you

2. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

He was using mattnz in somersoft, but haven't seen him for a while.

http://www.smalldevelopments.com.au

If you have rpdata professional access, it is pretty straight forward.

S.T, Lisa Parker and wombat777 like this.
  3. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Can also see these on Pricefinder as your screenshot suggests

Lisa Parker likes this.
  4. Lisa Parker

Oh great! Thank you.
    Hey Ms Ali, I caught you on the cover of API this month. I haven't been able to read the article bc my magazine got wet! Glad to see you are kicking goals (based on the cover story) :)

Property Twins likes this.
  5. hotmail

hotmail Well-Known Member

Hey Lisa,

I happen to have a good copy of last month's magazine with the Ms Ali article I can scan for you if you like

David Shih and Property Twins like this.
  6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

What they do in our local area is just send a simple letter ,and if the title holder is interested they ring back otherwise the letter goes in the bin'..

I have nothing to do with the link below,but I had a look at this today and this one may give you an idea on the inner southside,it is a splitter..imho..
    http://www.eplace.com.au/property.c...estate=28_Tarragindi_Road_Tarragindi_QLD_4121

7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I got one of these letters recently so I emailed the sender (local agent) to get an idea of how much our block would be worth with a DA (assuming it is approved). I just wanted to check another appraisal I had from an agent because a friend who is a developer gave me a price per townhouse that was quite different to the price per townhouse from the first agent. I didn't really want to chat but was keen to know what our block was worth with the DA. She knew the address.

The agent wanted to meet over coffee and chat. I explained it was way too early for that and was simply wanting to follow up on the letter and get a ballpark figure of how much our block was worth with a DA for four townhouses.

If another agent and a developer can both nominate a rough idea of price per townhouse with the same information like block size and address, why can't this agent?

I fobbed her off rather than have to sit through a chatty coffee and a a sales pitch and now she has offered an appraisal. Hello! That is what I originally asked for. Now I'm just annoyed. If you send a letter inviting an appraisal you should be prepared to give me some basic idea of value. Other agents can do it. This one just clearly wanted me captive in a coffee shop like a fly on sticky paper.

Last edited: 8th Jul, 2015
  8. RetireRich101

I played rpdata a bit tonight, but cant see to do advanced search on a given suburb etc on specific keyword such as splitter.

I opt for another way.

In BCC pdonline, there is an interactive search, that you can type a suburb in and hovering around it, zoom in an out. The 810m2 that are already subdivided/splitter are obvious to find, such as below. As you can some are split titled, some are still sitting on 1 title.

below is a search on Salisbury, where large lots are splitter (capable)

http://cityplan2014maps.brisbane.qld.gov.au/CityPlan/

upload_2015-7-7_23-37-17.png

TDITD, Hanison, Lisa Parker and 3 others like this.
  9. AaronR

AaronR Well-Known Member

Price finder just looks to be checking a specific property to see if it's a double lot splitter. I sub'd to API yesterday to get PF access and while it's amazing at getting detail when you've already got a property in mind, it is lacking at the "what is for sale" part.

Currently working on a way to search Brisbane for these mystical double lot unicorns. Might have something in a couple of days. Fingers crossed!

10. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Just a follow up to my previous post. The agent has now come back with some figures, which is what I was looking for. I would now consider a chat with her when the time is right.

11. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

RetireRich101 likes this.
  12. RetireRich101

Do leave some for others.. :D

Tim86 likes this.
  13. Lisa Parker

Thanks so much Retire Rich for checking that out and screen shorting it for me!
    I can see what you are saying!

14. RetireRich101

This is my personal view of a splitter block that is already on 2 titles, say 2 x 405m2 versus 1 x 810m2 (that is splitter capable
    • To configure 1x 810m2 into 2 x 405m2 (reconfigure 1 into 2 lot) it is estimate to cost around 55k-75k plus GST
    • This amount included the $28k council infrastructure fee, so approx 27k-47k are your council application, town planner, survey, water/electricity, storm water, sewerage costing.
    • I would think 2 x 405m2 where a house sit smack in the middle, requires at least 10-15k for the water/electricity/storm/sewerage to be reconfigured for 2 lot.
    • Most vendor already priced into the selling price if its already 2 lot.

I have not done a subdivision, just based on my research done in BCC. feel free to chip in for those have done it..

AaronR likes this.
  15. jsoe000

jsoe000 Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I see a lot of houses in the middle of 2 lots (splitters). My question is can we have 2 adjoining / attached houses on 2 lots? Like a duplex - one adjoining fireproof wall, but separate titles. Does BCC allow this? Or do the houses have to be detached and separate?

16. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Maybe look at it from another angle ,most inner city S-S 7klm range you will find blocks that are ready split on the title,some corner blocks that already set up on the title only problem is the house will sit on 3 blocks the other area is just garden ,but they are still are under one rate notice,they are rare but it will not cost the same amount as a un split, to change the title because they are already in the title..imho..

17. jsoe000

jsoe000 Well-Known Member

So, it costs more when there's a house sitting right in the middle coz we have to demo it, right? Hi, @RetireRich, Do you mean to say your first point + your third point = about $65k-$90k to tackle a splitter with a house in the middle nowadays? That's heaps!

18. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

No they are all mine! Mine I say!

:)

RetireRich101 likes this.
  19. RetireRich101

G'day, demolition cost of a house sitting in the middle would be the same regardless if it sits on 2 x 405m2 or 1 x 810m2.

So to clarify:

Point 1 incurs 55-75K for reconfigure of 1 into 2 lot

Point 3 ( if already on 2 lot), 55-75k is not applicable, but my argument is that only the title for 2 lot was drawn up somewhere in history, but the construction of water/electricity/storm water/sewerage connection is not complete. I would a think a cost of 10-15k or even more depends on connection to get this done if you are to demolish the house and build dwelling on each lot...

20. RetireRich101

Yes I know you and your father are playing strong in the Salisbury surrounding from SS memory.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia