Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Two or multi lots in QLD - tutorial on how to find them

Discussion in 'Development' started by Lisa Parker- Buyers Agent, 6th Jul, 2015.

1. Lisa Parker- Buyers Agent

Lisa Parker- Buyers Agent Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi Everyone,
    A contact was telling me about a tutorial (I think a guy named Matt something.....) on how to easily find the two and multi lots in and around Brisbane.

Does any one know where I can find the tutorial or do you have any tools/tips which would help in locating them so I can approach owners directly?

Thank you

2. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

He was using mattnz in somersoft, but haven't seen him for a while.

http://www.smalldevelopments.com.au

If you have rpdata professional access, it is pretty straight forward.

3. MsAli

MsAli Well-Known Member Premium Member

Can also see these on Pricefinder as your screenshot suggests

4. Lisa Parker- Buyers Agent

Oh great! Thank you.
    Hey Ms Ali, I caught you on the cover of API this month. I haven't been able to read the article bc my magazine got wet! Glad to see you are kicking goals (based on the cover story) :)

MsAli and monalisa like this.
  5. hotmail

hotmail Well-Known Member

Hey Lisa,

I happen to have a good copy of last month's magazine with the Ms Ali article I can scan for you if you like

LeMU and MsAli like this.
  6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

What they do in our local area is just send a simple letter ,and if the title holder is interested they ring back otherwise the letter goes in the bin'..

I have nothing to do with the link below,but I had a look at this today and this one may give you an idea on the inner southside,it is a splitter..imho..
    http://www.eplace.com.au/property.c...estate=28_Tarragindi_Road_Tarragindi_QLD_4121

7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I got one of these letters recently so I emailed the sender (local agent) to get an idea of how much our block would be worth with a DA (assuming it is approved). I just wanted to check another appraisal I had from an agent because a friend who is a developer gave me a price per townhouse that was quite different to the price per townhouse from the first agent. I didn't really want to chat but was keen to know what our block was worth with the DA. She knew the address.

The agent wanted to meet over coffee and chat. I explained it was way too early for that and was simply wanting to follow up on the letter and get a ballpark figure of how much our block was worth with a DA for four townhouses.

If another agent and a developer can both nominate a rough idea of price per townhouse with the same information like block size and address, why can't this agent?

I fobbed her off rather than have to sit through a chatty coffee and a a sales pitch and now she has offered an appraisal. Hello! That is what I originally asked for. Now I'm just annoyed. If you send a letter inviting an appraisal you should be prepared to give me some basic idea of value. Other agents can do it. This one just clearly wanted me captive in a coffee shop like a fly on sticky paper.

Last edited: 8th Jul, 2015
  8. RetireRich101

I played rpdata a bit tonight, but cant see to do advanced search on a given suburb etc on specific keyword such as splitter.

I opt for another way.

In BCC pdonline, there is an interactive search, that you can type a suburb in and hovering around it, zoom in an out. The 810m2 that are already subdivided/splitter are obvious to find, such as below. As you can some are split titled, some are still sitting on 1 title.

below is a search on Salisbury, where large lots are splitter (capable)

http://cityplan2014maps.brisbane.qld.gov.au/CityPlan/

upload_2015-7-7_23-37-17.png

9. psylink

psylink Active Member

Price finder just looks to be checking a specific property to see if it's a double lot splitter. I sub'd to API yesterday to get PF access and while it's amazing at getting detail when you've already got a property in mind, it is lacking at the "what is for sale" part.

Currently working on a way to search Brisbane for these mystical double lot unicorns. Might have something in a couple of days. Fingers crossed!

10. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Just a follow up to my previous post. The agent has now come back with some figures, which is what I was looking for. I would now consider a chat with her when the time is right.

11. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

RetireRich101 likes this.
  12. RetireRich101

Do leave some for others.. :D

Tim86 likes this.
  13. Lisa Parker- Buyers Agent

Thanks so much Retire Rich for checking that out and screen shorting it for me!
    I can see what you are saying!

14. RetireRich101

This is my personal view of a splitter block that is already on 2 titles, say 2 x 405m2 versus 1 x 810m2 (that is splitter capable
    • To configure 1x 810m2 into 2 x 405m2 (reconfigure 1 into 2 lot) it is estimate to cost around 55k-75k plus GST
    • This amount included the $28k council infrastructure fee, so approx 27k-47k are your council application, town planner, survey, water/electricity, storm water, sewerage costing.
    • I would think 2 x 405m2 where a house sit smack in the middle, requires at least 10-15k for the water/electricity/storm/sewerage to be reconfigured for 2 lot.
    • Most vendor already priced into the selling price if its already 2 lot.

I have not done a subdivision, just based on my research done in BCC. feel free to chip in for those have done it..

psylink likes this.
  15. jsoe000

jsoe000 Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I see a lot of houses in the middle of 2 lots (splitters). My question is can we have 2 adjoining / attached houses on 2 lots? Like a duplex - one adjoining fireproof wall, but separate titles. Does BCC allow this? Or do the houses have to be detached and separate?

16. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Maybe look at it from another angle ,most inner city S-S 7klm range you will find blocks that are ready split on the title,some corner blocks that already set up on the title only problem is the house will sit on 3 blocks the other area is just garden ,but they are still are under one rate notice,they are rare but it will not cost the same amount as a un split, to change the title because they are already in the title..imho..

17. jsoe000

jsoe000 Well-Known Member

So, it costs more when there's a house sitting right in the middle coz we have to demo it, right? Hi, @RetireRich, Do you mean to say your first point + your third point = about $65k-$90k to tackle a splitter with a house in the middle nowadays? That's heaps!

18. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

No they are all mine! Mine I say!

:)

RetireRich101 likes this.
  19. RetireRich101

G'day, demolition cost of a house sitting in the middle would be the same regardless if it sits on 2 x 405m2 or 1 x 810m2.

So to clarify:

Point 1 incurs 55-75K for reconfigure of 1 into 2 lot

Point 3 ( if already on 2 lot), 55-75k is not applicable, but my argument is that only the title for 2 lot was drawn up somewhere in history, but the construction of water/electricity/storm water/sewerage connection is not complete. I would a think a cost of 10-15k or even more depends on connection to get this done if you are to demolish the house and build dwelling on each lot...

20. RetireRich101

Yes I know you and your father are playing strong in the Salisbury surrounding from SS memory.