Trusted Buyer’s agents in Sydney

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Dar, 24th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dar

Dar New Member

Hi all,

I’m currently living in Sydney and am planning to buy my first home in Sydney. I am thinking of going through a buyer’s agent.

1. Has anyone got the help of a buyer’s agent and if so, can you please recommend good ones.
    2. To what extent do the agents help in the process?
    3. Can the agents find good properties compared to the ones in the market?

Thanks in advance

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

What do you expect the ba to do?

3. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

my guess find good property :) maybe cheaper?

4. Dar

Dar New Member

Hi, some buyer’s agents said that they can find properties much cheaper than the ones in realestate and domain, however I don’t know anyone personally to confirm this.

5. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

6. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi Dar, there is a bit more to it than that. Of course we hope to find the better properties, avoid the less appropriate ones and help during negotiation (which we are doing all the time so at least we approach it with a cooler head than an inexperienced buyer who may let emotions run away with them or get hoodwinked by a selling agent). But the truth is much of the support is also in weeding out the distractions, finding the properties that actually fit your goals, saving time, doing due dilligence etc etc. Here is a diagram from REBAA showing a common set of things BA's help with.

Jacque and Dan Wood like this.
  7. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

This is like choosing a tax person based on how big a refund they can get you.

Just selecting a property objectively, buying a property at an unemotional price, getting everything done in the right order, having the contacts to plan repairs, avoiding ignorant mistakes (the i thought, i assumed type of problems) is a huge advantage.

Propertunity and Jacque like this.
  8. PaulH

PaulH New Member

Hi @Dar - what specific components of what a buyers agent does (chart above from REEBA is really useful) are you looking for? What is your main objective (save time, save money, buy a better property...etc)?