VIC Truganina

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by teetotal, 7th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

Where exactly?

2. teetotal

As long as it fits in the plan........

3. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

I agree with u there are many other areas north wise or east wise thar are great but u still can make a gain. My tenant offered to purchase my ip and I just signed it on Saturday for nearly 19% more than what I purchased it for with build and duties etc. i only finished it end of 2014 so give or take 1.4 years but I think the savings are in the build and in the organising the extras like driveways, landscaping etc urself I know if u compare some suburbs in the east the growth was like 40% but I suppose I will take whatever I gain I can. Units wise will not grow I feel unless u are in an area which is too expensive to buy houses, top public schools and in the ngz and grz2 planning zones where dev is restricted.

teetotal and Greyghost like this.
  4. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

If your plan is to sit on your hands and get nothing out of the next cycle.

5. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Around the area mentioned

6. teetotal

I would disagree here with you.
    There's definitely a wait but give it 4-5years once the land in Truganina is gone.

Barny likes this.
  7. gkp

gkp Well-Known Member

With the kind of development happening around Truganina I agree with you.
    Give 4 -5 years no more land in Truganina.

8. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I just drove around to see Werribee, point Cook, hoppers crossing... Quick access to Freeway will be important. Now resting at maccas in sanctuary lakes. $380k H and L for 350sqm, 4x2x2. My wife's keen. What do you think?

teetotal likes this.
  9. Connor

Connor Well-Known Member

Is that H&L in Point Cook? I'd be on to that in a flash.

Did you have a look around Williams Landing also? It has better freeway access than Point Cook, a train station and a cheaper buy in (arguably).
    I love Point Cook but freeway access during peak is a nightmare! Only one way onto the inbound freeway through Laverton, sinlge lane, its just a mess.

10. larrylarry

Werribee and it's so quick to Freeway, better than point Cook but it appears Werribee is not as prestigious. But give it another 5 years?

Barny likes this.
  11. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Just remeber invest with your head not your heart

Redfern used to be a drug hole
    Even coburg and brunswick

That being said i called up my pm and local police station in wagga and they said they have seen no improvement in crime in ashmont and tolland in 3 to 4 years and dont expect anything to change

12. larrylarry

Yes. Head not heart. So much land but I can see the argument why West of Melbourne is growing and will continue to grow. I saw something near Geelong that is established on a huge land and CF is good. While Werribee is...

13. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

If you follow the herd then you have less chance of making larger gains
    Its the people that go against the trend that make it..... or break it

Imagine in 20 years lets say all those suburbs are built up and the nrxt vacant land estate is another 30kms out. Youd be kicking yourseld that you didnt buy now since land will be scarce

However there might be better investments at this point in tine

14. Connor

Connor Well-Known Member

I ended up buying in Werribee for those reasons. Easy access to freeway and train, in addition to heaps of infrastructure either being created or redeveloped. Bought an existing home tho, close to the town centre with a view to develop.

larrylarry likes this.
  15. larrylarry

Yes. I kinda kicked myself when I didn't buy into newington. Time to weigh up and assessing risk profile.

16. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

I say 5-10 years for Werribee, even though prices are currently rising well. House and land will continue to build further and further out over the years.
    Good for buying older homes on larger blocks and sub diving at a later stage when numbers stack up

17. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Each land release goes up a few thousand and cost of building will increase so there's some small gains to be made in both. Why are people choosing the west over the north estates? I think the estates up north look better and seem to have the same amount of jobs and public transport and less time to middle of city and to travel east of city to see mates and most other melbournians etc..

18. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Which suburbs north do you mean?

19. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I only notice new estate around the area like Craigieburn, Kalkallo, etc. similar distance or more compared to the west and looking at traffic (google map) during peak hours, it's not that different

20. tvadera

tvadera Well-Known Member

All,

My 2c of the area
    Out of Truganina vs Tarneit I like Tarneit as it has a train station regional line. Driving to CBD during peak hour from either suburb is a night mare

Smart money picked up acres of land 3-5 years ago and chopped it off and sold it as H&L packages

Area is mostly made of FHB and small segment is investors (South East and interstate investors)

Area is moving in terms of schools and infrastructure, however a long way to go as population has just exploded and builders have made a killing

Regards,
    TV

teetotal likes this.