VIC Truganina

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by teetotal, 7th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

Yep. Pt. Cook had its growth and now it is Truganina's turn.
    To be honest, my plan was this to be my PPOR as i myself was one of those relocating to Melb. but then i joined PC. However as an investor mindset, I think we have to go with where others will buy rather than where we'll buy.

2. teetotal

Exactly my point from the original post. Employment centre nearby and part of the growth area. Get it when available.
    Its also good to have mostly FHB in a suburb as they really love their first dream homes.

Inov8ive likes this.
  3. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

it is only the area (wyndham) where FHB which are in their first few years of employment can afford to buy. Other places in the east have become unreachable to some. It really depends where also your job or business is in melbourne.

JacM likes this.
  4. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I just had a look at Re.com A lot of land and house..like snowdon etc... what would you be looking at when it comes to Truganina?

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So many affordable areas close to CBD Melb, yet they fly under the radar on PC? Most opting for QLD while I personally believe there is less risk in Melb in 2016 and continued CG

For those interested in looking at Melb, read...Thread A tale of 2 cities", and look at affordability/entry level FHB market is helping drive Melb market

Teet
    great work:)

MTR

fols, teetotal, Barny and 1 other person like this.
  6. melbournian

Truganina is no different to Pt cook which is really just next door or wyndham vale or hoppers. Find the plot of land ensure 10.5 meter frontage minimum and price and than see if you can find a volume builder to work out if it works out cheaper as it is normally more ex to buy home and land packaged together.

7. larrylarry

Yes. What about established homes? Few available I suppose.

8. melbournian

as the price of the properties are within high 300s-400s - you really are trying to skim whatever you can when you initially build etc, well i did it that way anyway. It is more or less hedging the risk - WIth Land you buy wait 1.5 years to settle (without any repayments but only 10% down) and then you have the chance to select your volume builder. It is hands on a bit but you will benefit a lot from the process. You also save on the stamp duty of the house plus margins or organzing a lot yourself (which works out 45-55K in my case). so really you would be below the median and consider that CG With established homes, i personally dun think it is right place to buy these. it is better off in units in other suburbs.

9. larrylarry

Saving of stamp duty sounds very good to me. So in Re.com, are they pricing it as H and L or just land? Maybe I should search for land only.

10. melbournian

you would save stamp duty of the build and only pay stamp on the land. They have both. You also save stamp on H&L as the house has yet to be build.

11. larrylarry

Should I buy the land unseen or drop in for a visit? If it's just land, my imagination won't take me far.

12. larrylarry

13. gkp

gkp Well-Known Member

As a local living in Truganina from the last 4 years, I have seen quite a lot of growth in this area.We still have few problems travelling during peak hour but hey this problem is all over Melbourne!

Off peak getting to Melbourne CBD takes 20-25 minutes.

We have two train stations Williams Landing (Metro trains) and Tarneit(regional train) to the city.Route 151, 153 runs through Truganina between these stations.

Truganina railway station is under proposal.

We have St Clares Catholic school and new Truganina P9 college.Both started last year.

This area definetly has growth potential but might take few more years.

Last edited: 8th Feb, 2016
    teetotal likes this.
  14. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

@teetotal did you compare prices for established homes in hoppers crossing which is already build up, compared to land and new house build cost?

15. melbournian

You can buy the land unseen if u have the details in front of u. For E.g in featherbrook estate where all the Chinese buys I choose a block near the lake well close to water. Also make sure no unnecessary easements on the side of the block. Out of say 15 blocks in a street at least 2-3 would have them. May not make a significant difference since u can only build one.

16. melbournian

I wouldn't buy anything below 300sqm. U need a decent size house a 4x2x2 or a larger bedrooms 3x2x2 with some backyard. This land is already titled meaning when u settle u have to build as all the infrastructure has been done. U would be losing 3 months in interest in researching for builders and permits. I'll give this a miss if I were u unless u are ready with the builder and plans

larrylarry likes this.
  17. teetotal

Depends on what you are looking for.
    Established homes in hoppers are cheaper compared to Truganina but not by much.
    But then in my opinion it'll be like comparing Ponds in Sydney with nearby established Quakers hill 4years ago.
    Like established Quakers hill have benefited from Ponds, Stanhope Gardens etc., similarly established Hoppers, Tarneit etc will also benefit from new Truganina's growth.
    As such comparitively hoppers i think will benefit but late and less.

Barny likes this.
  18. teetotal

I would suggest to get the land and build, you'll save compared to H&L package.
    Look for new land estates. Got to Re.com and go to the tab new land estates, you'll find a few there.

TaylorChang and larrylarry like this.
  19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I think it will be the other way around. Places like Werribee and Hoppers Crossing will start going up as access to trains/transport drive decisions of people.

20. larrylarry

not sure if I looked at the right thing. I went to the tab new land estate, typed in Truganina and only 2 estates: williamslanding and gateway truganina. Am I looking at the right places?