Trimming Brisbane city council trees

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by db9, 14th Mar, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. db9

db9 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I'm going to call Brisbane city council to discuss but wondering if anyone here has experience getting permission to trim council trees in Brisbane for commercial purposes?

I was driving in the Valley and saw a massive tree that is trimmed to be beneath the Billboard at the corner of Breakfast creek road and Skyring Terrace. Looks a bit funny. How does someone get ongoing permission to do this?

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The bill board owner may have permission to "prune" a tree impacting their approved development. They may also use a arborist.

Some owners have rights beyond council too. eg telecommunications and poles and wires for power. They can be exceptionally aggressive and council has no say.

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

My understanding is that we have no legal right to trim any council tree, even on “our” footpath. Give them a call and ask 34038888?

4. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Some how that tree disappear from the council foot path? Must be the recent rain wash it all.
    Wink Wink

5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Maybe so. But if they come knocking in your door you’ll need your wallet.