Trevlig Induction cooktop

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by charlie01, 17th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. charlie01

charlie01 Well-Known Member

I am going to get a new cooktop for my IP. The existing one is 7 years old Euromaid, no good any more. I am looking at Ikea's Trevlig Induction Hob $389. I think three cooking zones should be enough. I wonder if anyone here has used this cooktop. TREVLIG Induction hob - IKEA

2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

You can’t use all types cookware with an induction cook top, so you might need to mention this to tenants. Could be a disadvantage.

I think 4 cooking zones are needed and I personally would just go for a standard cook top and save the induction for a PPOR if you don’t want to spend the money to get 4 zones. Decent ones are pricey.

3. charlie01

Thanks Joynz, good suggestion. So, I should look at ceramic cooktop. Do you know any reliable one (except Euromaid) suitable for IP? cheers.

4. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

There is plenty of suppliers (Winnings, Good Guys, etc) so you may want to search the respective web-sites. Friend of mine sourced an Italian brand Artusi (I think) through Winnings for less than $750 and she's said she's happy with it.

charlie01 likes this.
  5. charlie01

Ikea has good price ceramic cooktop, three zones $249 (Logan HGC3K), four zones $299 (Barmhartig). Search result - IKEA

6. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Westinghouse ceramic cooktops are what I have used. Still going strong after 8 years

7. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Westinghouse is the go to brand for rentals. Euromaid is just flashy rubbish. A normal glasstop is ideal, induction isn't suited to all tenants cooking pots.

8. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

Spend some money on quality

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Whose problem is that? They see the stove is induction, they can decide whether it's an issue or not. Who wouldn't want a new set of cooking equipment?

Tom Rivera likes this.
  10. Indifference

Indifference Well-Known Member

My 2 cents:

- cheapest can cost more in the long run ie. one repair call out could negate the up front saving or an extended delay in warranty processing could be a headache. Therefore, a good quality, reputable brand & simple design (ie. less to go wrong) may be better even if it costs a little more up front.

- induction not only needs ferrous based cookware (ie. standard aluminium won’t work) but they also need a separate electrical circuit that may not exist if upgrading from a standard elec cooktop. Ie. higher install cost.

- mechanical switches are very ‘90s & in my experience often get broken, burnt or otherwise abused. Many modern & affordable ceramic cooktops can look like an induction cooktop ie. completely flat surface with digital controls. Just a consideration.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  11. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

we have been using 4 zone induction cook top for 6 yrs now, amazing efficiency. safe with kids ( no flame). easy to clean.

12. charlie01

I went to Ikea yesterday. Four zones $299 (Barmhartig, ceramic) is made in Germany, but they didn't have it in stock. The three zones ceramic cooktop (Logan HGC3K) has three mechanical switches (knobs) which are not very solid. The Induction is made in Italy by Whirlpool.

13. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

All stoves are required to be on a separate circuit as they suck up to 32 amps by themselves.

14. Indifference

Indifference Well-Known Member

Yes but as I stated, if upgrading from a standard elec cooktop to induction, the required electrical circuit may not exist. Ie. The existing circuit may not be sufficient.

Having been through the process numerous times in multiple states, this has been the case every time.