Tree Change from Brisbane to Bendigo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Craig Hunter, 21st Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter New Member

Hi everyone. This is my first post here! My wife and I currently live in Brisbane but are just about to enlist an agent to sell our property and we plan to move to Bendigo. We have been watching and researching (to the best of our abilities) the market in Bendigo. We would like some advice please regarding the better suburbs to buy in as we want to get this tree change right. We're hoping for a Victorian cottage with lots of charm (as my wife says!) Also, if allowed, any recommendations on some good agents to contact would be great. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Craig

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Why Bendigo?

Winter there can be harsh. Victorian cottages look charming, but can be ice boxes in winter (and stifling in summer).

Unless you have already spent time there, I would suggest you rent out your Brisbane house and rent there through a full year before making a permanent move.

wylie likes this.
  3. Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter New Member

We have lived down that way before and love it so that's why and we know about the winters etc so no need to rent out. Anyway we were hoping for some advise on a trustworthy agent to help us with the process. Thanks for your input though.

wylie and Marg4000 like this.
  4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

That was my thoughts too, but I hate the cold. Noticed a big change when we moved house from a weatherboard to a brick home, and that's in Sydney.

Marg4000 likes this.
  5. Bendigus

Bendigus Well-Known Member

The Victorian houses with charm that are actually comfortable to live in don't come cheap as they have been extensively modernised.

The most charming houses are close to the CBD. There's not much more to say really as your the type of house you want restricts you to bring close to the CBD.