Transfer tiltle and withdrawn money to buy business?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by kaiseikokoro, 25th Jun, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kaiseikokoro

kaiseikokoro New Member

Hello everyone

my sistuation is:
    My parent in laws bought an investment property under their name but its for my husband paying it off and it by verbal belongs to him. He bought this and paying it since 2010 the house loan now 260k and value at minimum 730k, husband n i n my kid living in this house paying rent by laws( actually pay all the bills just like we own this house but its investment)
    My parent in laws own 2 properties 1 ppor 1 investment paid off 100% rental 1.7k per month
    parents income 85k & 25k plus rental income from both house 15k each person.so 100k and 40k

our income are 85k& 72k no other income n by laws we paying rent now. Saving 80k and parent willing to lend more if we need

my question is: we are planing to buy this fruit shop business with cousin around 500k each.
    Which one is the best way to have 500k n paying lowest interest. We plan to get initial investment back in 2 years time
    My solution are:
    Option 1: transfer house from parent house to our house then borrow in full for ppor. Parent get money will give back to us as loan on paper and we use that money to pay business
    Soon or later parents will transfer house to us. So we think transfer it now We will pay lower interest rate but parent pay capital gain n stamp duty cause house value > 600k.
    Option 2: just let parents refinance, get money n lend back to us.this will still investment loan. But i dont know if its posible. I dont mind if business will be under their name or own name
    Paying higher interest rate

i dont know how we can get equity n buy business now, anyone can give me your opinion or introduxe service that i can go to ?

thanks

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

I would start with some decent legal ( as in business structuring) and tax advice.

From the very basic data provided the lending side looks doable one way or another

ta
    rolf

Tony Xia and NickClunes like this.
  3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Sounds very messy. You might be beneficial owner of property but paying rent may show this not to be the case. I think you should start with working out ownership issues as this will be increasing costly to fix.

4. Tony Xia

Tony Xia Structured Loan Advisor Business Member

Both messy, but option 1 is probably less messy.

If you go down the path of option 1, you'll come down 2 hurdles

- is there enough usable equity on the property to take out $500k

- not alot of lenders allow $500k cash out, especially for busienss purchase, unless it's done through commercial.

5. kaiseikokoro

kaiseikokoro New Member

Thank you everyone, so if its you, how do you get 500 loan to fund your business, the businesss is 20 years old with strong cash flow