QLD Townsville. Where to buy

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sauber, 12th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

I'd believe all this when I see it. The giga factory is also planned for Darwin and direct Chinese flights start in Darwin in September.

Not to say that the giga factory won't also happen in Townsville or the Chinese flights but it's not just Cairns you're competing with. :)

To be fair since these announcements it has made zero difference to the Darwin market.

I sincerely hope that if they happen in Townsville that it will turn things around for them but no need to ride the hype train just yet me thinks.....

sauber likes this.
  2. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

I agree entirely.

Anyways, I set up some Google Alerts around Townsville and some keywords (Battery, Lithium, Gigafactory, Solar etc.). Let's see what comes up in the news. If anything does get off the ground of a decent operational scale, could mark a turning point for Townsville.

sauber likes this.
  3. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

PS for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about:

Nocookies

4. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

@sauber are you sipping cocktails on the Strand overlooking Maggie island yet? How did you go?

sauber likes this.
  5. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

Hey champ. Ahh not yet . Getting my house refinanced but we are looking very soon!!!! Very exciting here!!? Still wanna be in bushland beach. Or maybe buy in kelso cause its cheap and have it as an investment! We are keeping the frankston house ATM.

We were going to extend the frankston house but for 170k for 80-90sqm we decided to pass.

hammer likes this.
  6. Zipper

Zipper New Member

I've got plenty of mates who live in Bushy Beach, and it's not that far away. The upgrade to the ring road makes it nice and easy to get in and out. The distance from town is irrelevant, because no one goes to town!! The CBD is a dead zone. Unless you're 18 and think Flinders St is a great place to go clubbing!!

Kelso is, IMHO, a **** hole. There is a reason it's cheap!! Make sure you get a few dogs if you're going to move in there.

sauber likes this.
  7. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

ahhh i see!!! nah no kelso for us then, we will stick with bushy beach for sure as our first thoughts. yeah CBD not far away from bushy beach. but wouldn't really go into cbd anyway. nice you can get some big blocks for a really great price!!!

8. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Bushland beach is lovely. Just a quick warning though...Anything anywhere near the ocean in northern Australia is a candidate for storm surge. Before you buy check the storm surge maps, then drive by and use your Noggin if you think it might be a problem. Lots of Paperbark trees, mangroves and pandanas are a good clue!

Storm surge happens rarely but even if a cyclone doesnt kill you, the insurance will!

Not trying to scare you out of Bushland beach...just trying to help you avoid a lot of heartache....

sauber likes this.
  9. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

ok fantastic!!!! thank you very much for that!!! that very helpful and when we go up we will definitely consider that for sure!!!

10. Rob Ru

Rob Ru New Member

Pretty disaster related area we have! I think areas near the strand (e.g North Ward or Belgian Gardens) are still quite good areas.

Last edited by a moderator: 26th Feb, 2018
    sauber likes this.