NSW Townhouse in Altrove schofields

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Gtam, 10th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gtam

Gtam Member

hello,
    New to this forum :)

Has anyone bought townhouse in Altrove state in schofields? They advertised 3 bed with approximately 100sq meter land for $719k. Don’t you think they are way expensive?

2. sumterrence

sumterrence Well-Known Member

Are you looking to buy there or you jut want to start a new post and we all start bitching about how overpriced they were? Lol

Gtam likes this.
  3. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Are you sure they are on 100 sq mt land?

Looking at the plan, it seems like at least a 14-15 square double story house, offstreet parking, single garage, low maintenance backyard.

There is no way all this is going to fit in 100 sq mt land. Please recheck.

Regards

Loverenting likes this.
  4. Gtam

Gtam Member

I attached the plan .. seems around 100 to me. Guide me if I am wrong ;)

Attached Files:

5. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Mate
    Add the numbers.

Width: 3.5 mt for garage, 3.5 mt for living, 1 mt for the space and another 1 mt for walls (give or take). The mininum is 9 or say 8 mt.

Length: 3.5 to 4 mt for offstreet parking, 5 mt for garage, 1.5 mt for bath and another 5 mt to 5.5 mt for kitchen and living. Finally 3.5 to 4 mt for backyard and 1.5 mt to 2 mt for walls. The minimum.is 20 mt.

This makes a bare minimum of 160 sq mt to 180 sq mt land. I dont know how you are getti g your numbers from. Best visit the display home over weekend in case interested. :)

Regards

Loverenting likes this.
  6. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

It seems the flyer clearly indicates land size as 168m2. Unless I’m imagining things...

Gtam likes this.
  7. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

Avoid Avoid!

Much better properties value wise for that price in neighborinv suburbs like Quakers hill

8. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

There are nice houses in Quakers Hill but most will require driving to train station whereas Altrove is within just a few hundred metres from the Schofields station so you wouldn't need a car to use trains. It makes a huge difference expecially in the future when Schofields station eventually links to the Metro rail. Agree QH is a nice suburb but I wouldn't discount Altrove so easily and in fact we are selling house in Quakers Hill and buying a 4 bedder town home in Altrove to better serve our travel preference.

Last edited: 19th Jul, 2019
  9. Gtam

Gtam Member

my bad, its 168 sqmt :)

10. Gtam

Gtam Member

I agree. But as @Loverenting said they are far from stations :(. Even in quakers hill, I saw 155 sq mt townhouse near to station sold for 725k.

11. Gtam

Gtam Member

Do they have 4 bed townhouses? I think they are selling only 2 and 3 bedders. May be already sold out. Do you mind telling me price for your 4 bedder :)

12. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

They offered only few 4 bed room homes, you would have had to be quick and lucky to get one.

Should also add that unlike other townhouses, Altrove homes are freehold with no strata fee to pay.

Last edited: 19th Jul, 2019
  13. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

Wow you are selling house in Quakers hill currently. IMHO I would keep it especially if you are trading in to buy in Altrove. Also Altrove is not like Ramona street in Quakers hill. There's a good 10-15 mins walk to the station I think

There is shortage of stock in Quakers hill and if you already own a house with land might be good if you hold but its your decision

Look at current market in Quakers hill. Most of then Under contract in few days once they hit market or get sold off market

6 Taro Place, Quakers Hill, NSW 2763
    58 Tangerine Drive, Quakers Hill, NSW 2763
    3 Summerfield Avenue, Quakers Hill, NSW 2763
    3 Loy Place, Quakers Hill, NSW 2763
    27 Lobelia Crescent, Quakers Hill, NSW 2763( also under contract)