Townhouse/Highset vs Villa/Lowset - QLD

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by LaoBan, 22nd May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Which one is better in terms of potential growth?

1. Townhouse (highset)

2. Villa (lowset)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LaoBan

LaoBan Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just wondering in terms of potential CG and rental, which one is more desirable?
    The IP I am looking at is in QLD around Sunnybank area.

What are the pros and cons?
    I heard that lowset/villas are more desirable, hence higher rental and sell higher price (?) because it's good for oldies (dont have to go up and down) and young families who are concerned their kids fall from stairs.
    On the other hand, I also heard people prefer townhouse/highsets because they separates living and bedrooms.

I am interested to hear your opinions and/or experience! and remember to cast your vote!

TIA

2. LaoBan

LaoBan Well-Known Member

bump - no one? :(

3. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

lowset vs highset i assume you mean single storey vs double? just confirming

i dont think either is automatically better in terms of CG than the other. to have the same amount of accommodation and outdoor in a single storey means a bigger block than the double, or it could be a case of double storey costing a fair bit more but then creating more valuable outdoor space. in some situations a double storey build might be overcapitalising which would hurt its growth.

there's no hard and fast rule, in certain areas that extra yard space might be highly prized, in others the lower entry price of a single storey might be more appealing. you are right though that you might find say young professional DINKS preferring 2 storey and downsizers or people with young kids prefering single.

unfortunately that doesnt automatically answer your question because different suburbs have different demographics and price points.

ChickenChaser likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia