NSW Toukley

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Thedoc, 8th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Thedoc

Thedoc Well-Known Member

What are people’s thoughts on toukley? Good play?

Still looks a bit housing commission like in a lot of streets but will this change? Too far from freeway?

Cheers

The Doc

2. Kersertwo

Kersertwo Active Member

Hi @Thedoc, you know anything more about Toukley area? or Noraville? Tossing up between it and Killarney Vale

3. Irove

Irove Well-Known Member

Hi, we had looked at these areas as well early this year. All’s gone up a lot now. KV/BV has better rents; close to big shopping centre and Motorway. Noraville (most expensive among these as vicinity to beach ) and Toukley is more quiet or less commercial in my opinion. You may also include Gorokan in your hunting list.

4. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

There's been plenty of love for Toukley over the past 12 months:

SQM Research - Property - Weekly Asking Property Prices - 2000

And why not? A regional suburb that's close to a massive lake system and not too far from beaches either.

So Toukley ticks plenty of boxes (natural assets, regional lifestyle and growth potential).

Last edited: 1st Sep, 2021
  5. newinvestorlottaquestions

newinvestorlottaquestions Member

Hi @Irove , do you think capital growth in Gorokan is threatened by the sprawl out west of new property developments in suburbs like Hamyln Terrace?

6. Aaron Duffie

Aaron Duffie Well-Known Member

I looked into Toukley/Noraville/Killarney Vale start of this year.

Toukley was my least favourite out of the 3 but I would have bought there. It’s a nice little suburb close enough to the beach and lake.

i did think there were too many retirees but agents told me lots of families are moving in pushing rents up.

My only concern there aren’t many employment opps there and it’s a long way from the freeway for someone to travel to Sydney/Newcastle

It’s done well in last 12 months and probably will long term

7. Kersertwo

Kersertwo Active Member

Yes I can't bring myself to look at Toukley for that reason however KV market pricing me out slowly haha. Noraville seems to have bugger or supply or maybe its also out of my range. Did you end up buying a place or did you look else where?

8. Aaron Duffie

Aaron Duffie Well-Known Member

Ended up buying in KV in January. I like Noraville if you can get in it’s so close to the beach.

Kersertwo likes this.
  9. Irove

Irove Well-Known Member

The Data suggests it hasn't lol. I guess it's completely different buyers.
    Gorokan was quite a sweet spot - low entry price and good rents. Also close to water and driveway.
    Central Coast its self is an employment center. Lots of people work locally.