totally new to buying brisbane - contracts etc

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by mgmgrand, 6th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. mgmgrand

mgmgrand Well-Known Member

totally new to the IP world....hi everyone! looking to gather as much wisdom as possible

my wife and i want to buy a lovely property, that is a new subdivision...large land too, over 1200sqm.

how the heck do you draw up a contract?? what should it include?? shoud soil be tested??

who pays for the water, elec and sewerage connection??? i would assume the vendor considering it is their property that they are dividing??? there is elec, sewerage etc right out the front...just need to hook up i would gather...

totally new at this, so please be gentle!! thanks and peace to all

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

You don't draw up the contract, the vendor does. You then get it reviewed by your lawyer and ask for amendments if needed.

3. mgmgrand

thanks terry

i would assume that we would pay for the connection charges for utilities for the property??

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

depends what you agree upon with the vendor.

5. mgmgrand

thank you terry...u r a gentleman

6. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

1. Real Estate Agent will fill in proforma contract.
    2. Have a lawyer review (if existing dwelling may not be needed)
    3. You sign and give back to REA.
    4. REA gets vendor to sign (or the vendor may make amendments to price or conditions and initial and then return to you for signing)
    5. REA sends fully signed contract to your lawyer.
    6. Lawyer will lead you through the process.

If the lot does not exist yet, or did not previously exist (as in it is being or has been subdivided) then before the vendor can seal the plan (have it signed off by Council for registration) they must install sewerage and water to the block. If it is an underground electricity area then they must put an electricity connection to the front also. If is an infill subdivision (as opposed to a new estate) then the vendor also has to get letters from electricity and telecoms companies confirming a connection can be made.

D

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia