Torrens and Strata Title

Discussion in 'Development' started by hua8179, 18th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hua8179

hua8179 Member

I wanted to find out if there was a minimum size to be able to construct a duplex under Torrens title in Cumberland council. The below is from the DCP (Cumberland council) that I could find, however, I'm not sure whether, when splitting the title, each duplex needs to be on 450m2 or if the total needs to be 450sqm.

Subdivision Development controls
    D1 All proposed residential allotments shall have a minimum site area of 450m2. The site area does not include the area of access handles (for battle axe sites).

D2 The torrens title, community title or strata title subdivision of dual occupancy developments shall be in accordance with the approved development application plans, particularly in regard to the allocation of private and communal open space and car parking spaces.

D3 Proposed allotments, which contain existing buildings and development, shall comply with the site coverage and other controls contained within this Part.

Apologies for the silly question. Thanks in advance!

2. qak

qak Well-Known Member

The magic word is proposed - so each lot AFTER subdivision has to be at least 450m2.

3. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

Yes, that would be correct so basically you need to start with 900m2. However, if you had say 850m2 then you may ask for a variation of the control.

You should also check the min lot size map for your property and look in the LEP to see if it would need a Clause 4.6 variation.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia