Top 5 Recent Threads

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by jprops, 29th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

Interesting times for property...
    Screenshot_20170529-072448.png

Gypsyblood and Perthguy like this.
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Nah - that more a reflection that A) it's early and not much post traffic yet, and B) the shares people get up early and are posting in their favourite threads :rolleyes:

3. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

That raises a good question. Is there a stats page? E.g. Threads with most posts by week/month/year etc Might be a good navigation tool ;)

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Not yet. I had previously built stats pages for older versions of Somersoft, but haven't had the time to build it for the new software we run PropertyChat on.

Major new release of the forum software coming later this year - so I'll look at building something then (no point building it now because I'll have to re-write everything when the new version is released).

In the meantime, I will do a big stats dump on our PropertyChat 2 year anniversary in a few weeks.

weejimmy likes this.
  5. highlighter

highlighter Well-Known Member

I have noticed a sharp increase in bearish posts and comments here. Similarly, the media has become very negative on property. To be honest I think that's very healthy. I don't feel the majority of users on this forum are the sorts of inexperienced, poor-planning investors who'll be caught by any potential correction. The majority of users on this forum have chosen quality assets, in good areas, and I think the majority are likely to recognise the cycle is turning and are putting a plan in place. Many are also looking to diversify into shares.

The investors who lose out in a correction are the flood of very recent bandwagon jumpers, who entered the market with no sense or plan, usually with little equity, for insane prices, and often into the most oversupplied and risky asset classes like fringe suburban homes and off-the-plan apartments. Those panic buyers are a risk because they're likely to turn to panic sellers.

Even if we did see a worst-case-scenario sharp correction, I think most of this forum is likely well placed to weather temporary setbacks (the outcome of recent bubbles tells us it will be temporary as long as you haven't overstretched or put everything into terrible assets) and more importantly to benefit from the changing landscape. Bubbles attract a lot of stupid, and cause a lot of stupid decisions, from the inexperienced. Good investors can convert this into opportunity.

Perthguy likes this.
  6. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I agree. I started putting a plan in place 2 years ago and I know others have too.

Definitely! I will be looking for opportunities for sure.

highlighter likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia