Top 1%

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 26th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

For sure.

2. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

That’s eternal happiness. Bible said over there it will be no cries and tears… :)

3. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

That’s heaven.

I am not sure there is a spot for me there yet - hence, in no hurry to find out :D.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

If all else fails, I'll always reserve a spot for you at my...
    images (6).jpeg

:rolleyes:
    :D:D

Last edited: 4th May, 2021
    kierank likes this.
  5. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

You need to buy off the plan!:D

kierank likes this.
  6. kierank

Absolute rubbish.

No-one is born resilient. As far as resilience goes, we are all born the same.

Resilience is a skill. Just like negotiating. Both can be learnt/practiced.

Anyone can become a good negotiator. Same with resilience - anyone can increase their resilience.

With negotiating, I suggest they practice it every day (most don’t) so that when the big deal hits the table, they are well practiced.

Same with resilience. Practice it every day on the small stuff (most don’t)so that when the big curve balls hits the table, they are well practiced.

COVID has well and truly showed us who is resilient and who is not.

Hopefully, everyone is practicing resilience on a daily basis and are far more resilient today than they were pre-COVID.
    This just shows how many weren’t practicing their resilience pre-COVID.

Many, many years ago I was being stressed out with a business transaction that I was a party to. So much so, I was slipping into depression.

I was lucky I didn’t go too far into that dark world; my wife saved me. That was the day when I realised I was as resilient as I thought I was.

I have been practicing resilience every day ever since. Lucky I did as the world has thrown me many big curve balls since that day.

The good news is that my mental health is so much stronger today and I have been able to deal with those curve balls.

Observer, Lizzie, Bunbury and 2 others like this.
  7. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

there's never enough to go round when there's a wife involved :rolleyes:

spoon likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

upload_2021-5-4_18-27-30.jpeg

9. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Ha Ha Buddha was a rich kid, Mohamad's wife a successful business woman,, what does it all mean?

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I guess the point is to generate income from assets, the benchmark for this group 1% in oz is over $300,000 aud pa.

Its interesting on PC benchmark seems to be $100,000 pa???

This is the challenge creating cashflow/income

11. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

I'm in the bottom 50%. It's tough being poor.:(

samiam and kierank like this.
  12. kierank

Especially from cash and from property.

What’s left? Shares.

13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Depends on whether you trade, develop, cip??

shares? Low yields here too??

14. kierank

Too much work there!!!

I am a lazy investor - buy, do nothing and get 6% to 7% income (after expenses/tax) ;)

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

you can do both dependent whether it tickles your fancy

passive income ......can do much better returns than 6/7% but wont be in Australia... 10-12%, not including growth. ;)

Making 7.5% min in oz yields, which is ok

Working on shares, but patience required

I am sure some doing much better, please share

Last edited: 6th May, 2021
  16. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

We've just finished facilitating a study on this book.

We're a bunch of young married couples who are all unable to have Children up to this point, or have lost them late term.

Life sucks. It isn't supposed to be fair, it was never designed to be broken but it is. She uses the illustration of becoming like dust, too far broken for the pieces to be stuck back together again, totally obliterated. It's been a challenging and thought provoking study. Definitely helped us to realise it's ok to not be ok and to own that. But on the flip side that there is hope and life waiting for us to enjoy, despite the circumstances. I like the sentiment of looking to the small things and working towards a goal, but it can be hard when you're facing the reality you're simply not having children unless for a miracle. Without my faith, I'd be a pretty bitter and depressed soul.

Attached Files:

17. kierank

After expenses and taxes, ...

18. kierank

When experiencing a traumatic event (and I had my fair share), I slowly learnt to quickly venture into the “valley of despair” and get down to the bottom of that “valley” as quickly as I could handle because, once there, I knew there was only one way to go and that was UP.

Not saying it was easy. It wasn’t.

But it really helped to make me a more resilient person.

Sackie likes this.
  19. willister

willister Well-Known Member

Interesting as well what you have said. Years ago, much more naive and inexperienced in life, when I went back to my native Vietnam and saw those living on the street, I was like asking my relatives oh why don't the richer people help out? Mind you this was years ago, back in the mid 90s when the country was much poorer and less help was generally available - today it's much different.

They were like oh most of those people can't be helped or don't want to actually work for a living, it's much easier just waiting for a paycheck either from overseas or just begging if you're not lucky enough to have relatives overseas. After that trip, it really changed my mindset and looked at things from a different POV. Not saying all are lazy - some are just very unfortunately, especially in many other parts of the world to have opportunities we have here in the "West". My relos were like if you worked hard enough and looked for odd jobs, they'd needn't be on the streets begging.

Still doesn't change the naivety in me though, I'm the type where I think even if I can help out a little I would even if it's very menial. Back in 2010 on a trip back to the native Vietnam to visit relos, I travelled with them to a beachside resort. On the way we had a stopover for lunch as we waited for the ferry - even as late as 2010 there was no bridge to cross the river. There was a very young beggar, who asked us very politely if she could have our leftovers. I felt very sorry for her and asked her how many siblings/family she had, I just bought her family and herself 2 meals in take away containers for her to take home si they wouldn't go hungry that day. It just felt good even though it was just 2 meals.

Last edited: 10th May, 2021
    alexpreston, freyja and MTR like this.
  20. alexpreston

alexpreston Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I did this once even in Brisbane years ago. Was on a lunch break with work colleagues, in our office attire, and someone was asking for spare lunch money. So instead, I invited him to join us for lunch. I figured a) if he was really hungry then he would have got a good meal, and b) if he wasn't actually hungry and was lying about it to get money for smokes or something, I'm glad not to have given him actual money.

Turned out to be a nice enough guy, and we had some good group convo and shared a few laughs.

Clean Cookie likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia