QLD Toowoomba - still a good option?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by panda878, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. panda878

panda878 Member

Hi everyone,

I just came across the forums and it looks like a good place to get some advice. I have looked a little at the old forum but many Toowoomba-related threads are a bit old now.

So, my fiance and I are looking to invest (first time) and have done a bit of online research. We are not based in Qld, but like the idea of investing there. I have been looking into Toowoomba based on figures and reports over several years - it seems to continually perform well. I notice there are a number of new land releases coming up and some positive things in way of new developments and expansions (retail, airport, roads).

One big concern my FI has is re the mine closures and what sort of impact that will have. Can anyone comment on this and/or direct me to further information?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Michael.Knight

Michael.Knight Well-Known Member

Its a strong region that continually provides growth. Vacancy rates were previously quite low. Recently the airport has opened and the second range crossing is in the works. The economy is multi-industrial, and has more to do with coal seam gas rather than mining I believe. IMO Toowoomba is yet to reach its peak...

3. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Toowoomba is the private school, business and industrial location for a much larger geographical area. If the airport starts doing decent SYD MEL services then there could be substantial growth.

4. Cash Flows

Cash Flows Member

Developers are building on small parcels of land in the west of toowoomba.

this is largely driven by absentee investors.

current vacancy rate over 3% with units being hard to lease

strong economy and will benefit from new infrastructure projects in the pipeline.

any questions let me know.

Cheers

Cash Flows

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member