Toowoomba listing on 2 lots possible potential or not?

Discussion in 'Development' started by Fourex, 23rd Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Fourex

Fourex New Member

Hi,

Is anyone here familiar with Toowoomba Regional Council Planning Scheme?

Just wondering your thoughts on this particular property:

52 Isaac Street North Toowoomba Qld 4350 - House for Sale #121962458 - realestate.com.au

Curious if the boundary realignment as indicated by the picture shown would be likely to get through council, I am a bit concerned around parking allocation for the existing dwelling and the slope to the rear of the block, being a small lot for the boundary realignment would the fall of the land affect the boundary realignment proposal?

Penny for your thoughts?

Fourex.

P.s. I have no pennies.

2. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Hey there, gotta speak to council. Some of the older areas in the east needed minim 700sq per block. New rules have also been released and they may have changed the block sizes. West is also a different story.

I hear there's this really awesome house selling at an amazing price, it's a steal. But don't tell anyone else. Private message me and I'll tell which one to buy.

Kookaburra777 likes this.
  3. Melb_gal

Melb_gal Member

First thing I'd check with TRC is whether there are heritage overlays in this area. We have a property on Hume St Nth Toowoomba that has a heritage overlay. I've always had great service when talking to TRC employees and the planning department are very helpful. You might also want to check out nearby properties using PD Online feature and see whether anything else has successfully been subdivided.
    Good luck!

Barny likes this.