Tools To Assess Selling & Rental Price

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Caleb, 19th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Caleb

Caleb Member

Hi all, I am new to this and am interested in finding ways to find average rental price and selling price for houses similar to ones I am looking at. Typically I would use realesate.com.au but that only has limited data for what I would like.

I have found another website which works well (no affiliation) and would like to share. If this is not allowed please remove. Website Here

2. Caleb

Caleb Member

Does anyone have any other sources for further research? Thanks.

3. Ghoti

Ghoti Well-Known Member

I used the same website, and I must admit I was surprised that a Chinese website often had sale prices listed before Realestate.com and SQM Research.

Caleb likes this.
  4. Caleb

Caleb Member

I agree. I was sceptical with the .cn extension but the insight is useful. Is it accurate though?

5. Ghoti

Ghoti Well-Known Member

It was for the properties I had interest in.

6. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Pricefinder which is subscription only but I see API Magazine has a 3 x month free access for a subscription to the magazine.
    upload_2016-10-21_16-4-51.png

7. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

CMA (comparative market analysis) via a broker can give comparable sales and rentals as well as some other useful metrics.

This is what a real estate agent will use when determining a market price for a property either for sale or for rent.

As for accuracy the only real indicator is when some one puts in an offer on a property and its is accepted by seller and bank valuer agrees :)

Richie Tramontana likes this.