Today’s big announcement is getting missed

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Onlinedave, 29th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. D3xx

D3xx Well-Known Member

If Labor get in, do you think we'll see a surge in established home demand towards the end of this year followed by a big drop in demand next year?

2. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

No, I say this because sentiment has changed. Real estate is not a 'sexy' proposition as it once was 5-8 years ago, sure we will get there again however for the next few years regardless of policy I can't see the masses flocking to a certain product.

3. There

There Well-Known Member

I feel this may happen. Alrleast the drop would slow down until December and then accelerate

4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

lol...

If Labour, or, Liberal get in, who knows what will happen, if the prior and somehow they make the economy real strong, no drama, but, reality is, they want to pour water on a fire that is out in as far as Syd and Mel housing.....and crash the economy it seems, as well as spend as much as they can, as usual....

5. croseks

croseks Well-Known Member

QldKoolies likes this.
  6. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

7. Clayton

Clayton Well-Known Member

Happy Sunday all, any crystal balling what we foresee to areas like Gladstone with the removal of NG for established properties? Yes forgetting the area is rubbish, I ask because I'm wondering if this is the wisest opportunity to exit the market for others to take advantage of the NG benefits before policy changes. I bought at 250k, now valued under 100k & the holding costs are ridiculous! Without any incentive for NG after next year I cant see anyone buying. Lose lose situation!

8. New Town

New Town Well-Known Member

Too many variables to say what's going to happen with any confidence. NG remaining on new sites, hence incentivising new builds is a big X factor. Many will be watching market movements with a microscope - and hopefully buy into Gladstone the awesome :oops: