To early to speak with Mortgage Broker

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Hayes, 29th May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Hi all,

My partner and I are very new to this qll and we have been bouncing around learning as much as possible.

Currently we are in the accumulation phase whilst being little sponges and learning as much as possible. (We've probably elapsed 100 hours in the past fortnight reading this forum alone).

We are on track to reach a 60k-70k savings around July 2020 ( I know its awhile off but we like to prepare as much ass possible)

My question is, is it to early to begin building a relationship or speaking with a mortgage broker?

Kind regards, Luke

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi Luke

What would you like to ask from the MBs?

It may be a bit preliminary to chat.

Do you mean you are new to property generally or are you new to property investing?

Do you have an owner occupier property already?

3. Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

We are new in general to property and do not own any property.

I guess I'd be interested in knowing how much we would be able to borrow next year, this would help us look deeper at what strategies we could put in place when looking at where to invest.

4. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Accumulation phase usually refers to you are net buying property as opposed to net selling later ln for retirement.

Always a good idea to know how much you can borrow.

5. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

You need to engage a broker or banker as your first step.

Determine a) how much you can borrow b) how much deposit you need based on different LVR scenarios c) anything you need to know between now and when you are ready to pull the trigger for a purchase, such as closing credit cards, waiting a certain timeframe as you are self employed, paying off a car loan, etc.

Things will inevitably change between now and 2020 but you will have a really good idea of where you currently sit and what things you will need to do to be ready for finance/purchase.

Hayes likes this.
  6. Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Oh whoops haha, well I've learnt something else today!
    Great, I've had ny eye on Mortgage Broker in PC for the last 2 weeks so I may just reach out.

7. Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks so much mate, you have been very helpful so far on our little journey.

Great I'll make the play this week and reach out. Just double checking but geting a broker from outside of my state is fine correct? As the one we have seen highly recommended on here is adelaide based.

8. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

No issues at all since most things are done via Email and FaceTime.

Most important thing is to get someone that knows what they doing rather than is close to you.

wilso8948 and Hayes like this.
  9. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Never too early.

The feedback you'll get is that you need a certain level of deposit or other resources to purchase a property, so it may well be another year before you can start.

On the other hand, you might find there are some things you haven't though about that could bring that date forward.

There might also be things that you need to address before you're ready. Speaking to someone now might give you more opportunity to have everything lined up.

10. Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Of course, this thread has given me the confidence to take that step. Lots to think about but boy is it exciting.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia