Time to drool - probably the best Gold Coast beachfront property ever

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by big max, 21st Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

That is just crazy money... :eek:.

2. big max

big max Well-Known Member

Yeah but Gold Coast beachfront always gets crazy. Wait till even just a few years from now. It will be way crazier!

3. big max

Yes but the problem is you would be in the hills and there's no beach or surf or restaurants and cafes up there ... :)

4. joel

joel Well-Known Member

Put in a wave pool. Hire a chef. Pay people to visit you. Become Dan Bilzerian.

Bran likes this.
  5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'd be guessing that would be why he wants to be up in the hills... to get away from the beach, surf, restaurants and people ;).

I spent a lot of time at the beach when I was younger, but now I'd prefer to head to the mountains.

6. big max

Yeah I've thought occasionally. I'd like a place in the hills to get away occasionally but it would get way too lonely after a few days chilling. And I just love the ocean way too much :)

But yeah if the hills is your thing you could get way cheaper priced grand luxury type property up in the hinterland overlooking the coast. I've checked out a few in my time but never bought (both due to lack of yield, capital gain, liquidity) not to mention that I would probably get bored living there. But would be pretty cool having the big long driveway large house etc for a while. Also the birds who come visiting etc.

7. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
  8. Jerry O

Jerry O Well-Known Member

9. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I stayed in a beach front house in the GC once - much smaller than the one in the OP, but nevertheless had the mandatory underground carpark, and a lift to service the 3 floors above it etc - you get the picture. Anyway, one thing I found about being beach front in that part of the world is.... onlookers....

The house had beautiful floor to ceiling windows to maximise the impact of the beautiful views.

I trotted downstairs one evening just as it was getting dark, in my jocks (as you do....) to get a drink and walked with said drink in hand to the family room overlooking the beach. As I was looking out (becoming difficult as the light starts to reflect inside with the tinting), I became acutely aware of the number of people walking along the beach ~ and realised I was somewhat more visible than I wanted to be......... :eek:

Anyway, for people looking to this form of lifestyle, also be aware of the amount of salt that collects on your insect screens, and that your really want marine grade everything to protect from the salt spray.....

The Y-man