Time From Settlement to Build - Advice

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by randomhero24, 17th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. randomhero24

randomhero24 Member

Apologies if this thread exists elsewhere. I am wondering, in most of your experiences how long before the slab goes down after Land Settlement. I understand the builder conducts soil testing etc. I think they told us up to 60 days once but would like to hear your experiences.

Not sure If I am allowed to use our builders name here..?

2. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Depends on what the builder says. If they have 20 jobs booked in already then maybe you are 60 days.

My brother in law just finished building their house and it was built in about 3 months from land being titled.

3. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Really depends on the process and how far you and the builder have gone into it.

Has the building contract been finalised and sent to bank for valuation along with the land?

All going well can be within 6 weeks.

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

How long is a piece of string ?

Land settles. Five years later you approach a builder who mucks around and is slow with council. And lender and finally approvals all occur...Could be years. Or months. Council can be a factor. Some councils are slow to approve builds.

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Providing everything has been finalised and you have
    - done prestart
    - have your HIA contract
    - have finance sorted for the construction

Your HIA contract should outline most timelines. You have xx days to have finance approved for construction loan (if not bundled with land loan), then they have xx days to get building permit then xx days to get to site