Time for the Baby Boomer to Pay Their Way.....

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by sash, 20th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timb89

Timb89 Well-Known Member

The entire attitude surrounding property is deranged. The religiosity towards any discenting opinions. I can only assume that some are so extremely in debt that it makes it very uncomfortable to think about the possibility things might not go their way.

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

What a joke! You've already got a position. You, my friend are sitting squarely in the position of PLOM, or "Poor little 'ol me".

icic, Phar Lap, Codie and 4 others like this.
  3. Timb89

Timb89 Well-Known Member

OK youve won me over. Compelling.

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Dem were the good ‘ol days
    Those public service jobs.... the gravy train:p

Gotta be some gen x, y z public servants on PC..... own up.....

5. turk

turk Well-Known Member

You have, as you point out, not received much more than anecdotes and attitude from a handful of posters who have vested interests.

You are swayed very easily towards your own bias by the anecdotes and attitude of a dozen property investors on a property forum.

That's an interesting way to research and arrive at a conclusion on the data you asked questions about.

Phar Lap, skater and kierank like this.
  6. Timb89

Timb89 Well-Known Member

It's difficult to get unbiased, critical property market information that isn't skewed by the growth of the last 30 years. Which to be fair, of course it would be skewed. It would be hard not to look at gains like and be tempted to think that would go forever if you were a beneficiary.

7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

The gains in property haven't just happened over the past 30 years. Heck, in Brisbane we've had losses and flatlining for at least ten years. Property has been growing in value for hundreds of years. Why cherry pick the past 30? Just work with what we have and do the best you can within the rules that we don't make. The Government makes the rules.

I've never got too worked up about the "why" of property. I just do my own thing and make my own gravy within the rules we must live by.

If the rules change, and they have changed in the past, then we change course and do our best under the new rules.

Buy a house, or don't buy a house. But whatever you do, you're not going to change the rules.

And you don't like anecdotes, but the anecdotes are a way of showing you that, regardless of someone like you saying "this shouldn't happen", well... it does happen, and people are doing whatever they can to make their lives better. If I could change things and make it easy for young people to buy a house, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I don't have any say in it.

8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Finally read all this and conclusion.... stop feeding the troll Timb89

KateSydney, craigc, icic and 10 others like this.
  9. turk

turk Well-Known Member

It's not difficult to get facts and data, try the ABS, there are many other sources available if you research.

It is not skewed, facts are facts, you need to interpret them.

You have moved away from fact driven research to "Vibe" driven conclusions.

icic likes this.
  10. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I don't think this thread is adding any value anymore - it is certainly no longer about the original topic. I'm going to close it before I have to start handing out warnings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.