Time and Cost required to manage multiple properties

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by twistedstats, 25th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DanW

DanW Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm using Kodak i1120.
    Yes to pdf from feeder.

But I've found issues since updating to Windows 10. Had to get some 3rd party software to run it and not as good.

I may look for an alternative or just run it in a VM.

2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

It's not really a big deal once you do it, it's just what you're familiar with.
    Just a matter of having a decent PM that you can trust some what, the contacts come with time.

3. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

*off topic*

@dabbler - alternatively, an app called Scannable, where you take a photo and can be uploaded to dropbox too or to Evernote.

4. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Depends on your portfolio composition I think.

Residential - probably 15-30 mins a week on average including paper work management, potential renovations after purchase etc. To be fair, it's probably more 5-6 hours of work per week first 4 weeks if there's a renovation (I normally get a team in to do these things). Post leasing out, there really is no management. Maintenance I've had places that spend no money ever, to places that spent around 5-7% of annual rent.

Commercial - probably a few hours per annum, assuming it doesn't go vacant/you're not renovating/not a developer. One example was at the start we had around 2-3 hours of meetings at the start with agents, 1-2 hours dealing with lawyers getting the lease right. It's since been hands off even with asbestos, blocked piping problems (these are tenant's problems normally). Commercial never really had any maintenance expenses.