Tilt Up Concrete Panel vs Brick Warehouses?

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by willister, 9th Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willister

willister Well-Known Member

Which one would be more expensive to repair....I'm guess Tilt Up Concrete Panels? Initially I thought you could just buy some precast concrete panel and then just get some builder to slot it in between panels...I suppose this is why the initially designed it...to make it easier. However, after looking at how they do it on youtube the process seems a lot more complex which I guess would cost exuberantly more??

What about those older warehouses which brick veneers...I'd say they would be easier to redo for cracks...given most brick layers could fix those?

Thanks.

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Most if not all of the block walls would be core filled and unless the slab needs underpinning they stay solid..the precast panels would be the same only I would rather repair a block wall then install a new panel as they made bricklayers unemployed..

Cousinit likes this.
  3. Cousinit

Cousinit Well-Known Member

Yes replacing a few blocks is not really that hard to figure. Hard on a guys back though. My late FIL was a brickie and I used to help him with lots of smaller jobs.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Depends on the damage - poor workmanship causing concrete cancer isn't impossible to fix vs physical/mechanical damage.

Access is required to the adjoining property for either brick or precast/tiltup repair.

bmc likes this.
  5. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

19816_014.JPG

what sort of damage are you anticipating ?

these panels buckled and warped from the 3000 deg fire next door
    luckily the steel frame survived, and the new panels will need to be custom manufactured and reinstalled with a 100ton crane.

Scott No Mates likes this.