Threads reverting?

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by paulF, 14th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

The bushfires happened, and its past.
    We can't change that. We cant change that it affected peoples businesses in holiday spots

But in hindsight, it was good because it stopped a whole lot more infected people from being here in Australia, spreading the virus. That's why I actually think it was a good thing. I own an Airbnb property and the short term holiday let market has been decimated and my super has dropped, but Covid here could have been a lot worse.

It's a silver lining out of the situation.

Also, it may have woken up Scott Morrison as to his leadership. I don't think he is a great leader, but he should have learnt something from it.

2. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

Yes but you realise that cheering the bushfires as a 'good thing' would be deeply offensive to somebody who has been seriously affected by them, right? You have been marginally affected but I bet you would have a different point of view if you'd lost your home, or a loved one. It affected more than just 'holiday spots'.

What is the point of 'cheering the bushfires'? To me, the logic is perverse.

Also, those poor people who were affected are now largely forgotten in the COVID-19 crisis and could get a double-whammy as they may be among the most vulnerable and unable to isolate.

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Fair enough.
    I can change my signature line. Number of characters are limited though.