Threads reverting?

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by paulF, 14th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

Any current issues with threads reverting?
    Noticed a thread that been reverted back to yesterday or something on those lines.

Cheers

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Occasionally we split posts off to new threads or move posts into a more appropriate thread.

We also occasionally delete posts which are off topic or otherwise problematic.

We generally try to alert the posters when this happens - but there's so much going on right now that occasionally it gets missed.

paulF, Perthguy and Marg4000 like this.
  3. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

I appreciate what you are doing and can understand that things are hectic but i don't get why something like my last post under the below thread was deleted. It was about an actual Doctor who is currently in ICUs helping current Covid-19 patients explaining how ventilation can be bad for patients...

Seems like some have free rein posting useless stuff while others have their posts deleted.

CoronaVirus - Possible Vaccines and Treatments.

4. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

You had quoted a post containing a video of a dangerous conspiracy theory nutjob.
    My post quoting it also got deleted, good to see really mods are on the ball removing this stuff, as they are doing more now on facebook, google, twitter, etc..

David_SYD likes this.
  5. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

You are confusing my post with another Post. My post was about an actual ICU doctor who's been teaching other doctors how to use ventilators for years, as in that's his job. I'll take his word over yours or anyone elses' any time of the day.

6. Casteller

No not confused, I remember it. Your ICU doctor link wasn't the nutjob I'm referring to, the quoted post that had antivax video in it was, and all the posts that quoted that video got deleted regardless of what else was in the post.

paulF likes this.
  7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Your post was quoting another post which was deleted. I've restored yours, and changed the quoted post to remove the reference to the one which was deleted.

However, as a reader and as a mod, I'm unlikely to spend the time to listen to a video for 15 or 30 minutes, for interest or to determine if it's suitable. With all the posting going on at the moment, I'm spending much more time on the forum than I really want. Links to articles are much better if there is an equivalent.

paulF and Perthguy like this.
  8. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Splitting of the bickering about active vs index funds from the ETF thread was very helpful IMO. Thank you!

Islay likes this.
  9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I made a very valid point about Aus being a safe haven (of sorts) because the bushfires stopped visitors coming here but someone didn’t like what I wrote so it was deleted, called off topic! But it really wasn’t off topic when you consider the thread name of that thread (Covid 19 in Aus).

Only quite a bit later do people and the press realise we may have possibly dodged massive outbreaks of Covid here in this country thanks to the bushfires and the reporting overseas.

I’ve also been supportive of masks the whole time but there’s been so much pushback. I know part of the reason is we should leave the commercial ones for people who really need them, but it doesn’t stop people making masks at home. Something is better than nothing,

Anyway, this is my rant.

Last edited: 14th Apr, 2020
  10. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

I'm really confused about what your point is there. Bushfires are good (3 cheers in your signature)?

11. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

@geoffw , thanks for the clarification and sorry for any inconvenience. I understand where you're coming from.

12. Casteller

Shes saying that a lot of countries got hammered by people coming in early & undetected with the virus, which is true. Australian arrivals were down because of the bushfires so its true Covid imports were also probably down, and it is those early undetected cases before lockdowns that really made a huge difference in many countries.

Gockie likes this.
  13. Gockie

That’s perfect, exactly the point I was trying to make.
    I’ve rewritten it a bit, hope it helps make it clearer. Just really making the point about deleted posts, I made a completely valid and logical point as per what Casteller wrote but someone else in the forum simply didn’t like the point I made so my post was deleted.

14. geoffw

I'm not sure which post that was, I can't find it - but it's much more common that a post gets deleted because it responds directly to a post which is deleted.

15. Gockie

Doesn't matter. And mods, you all do a great job. @Simon Hampel should increase your pay 1000% :)

16. geoffw

He has. Because we're casuals, we don't get the jobkeeper allowance though.

Generally we get paid weakly.

Gockie likes this.
  17. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

that will get deleted for sure

geoffw likes this.
  18. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

OK - I was just interested because it seemed to me to be a kinda weird point to make, cheering the bushfires which caused caused significant devastation and loss of life. I get the logic but question the message if that makes sense.

19. Gockie

Understand.

shorty likes this.
  20. JetstreamVic

JetstreamVic Well-Known Member

I wonder if the 3 cheers would still exist if her house burnt down, loved one died etc?

By the same logic, maybe we should cheer all the covid deaths for the impact on global warming

shorty likes this.