Open Thread tools and print view

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by orangestreet, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. orangestreet

orangestreet Well-Known Member

Hi Sim

Where will I find the thread tools and the print view in the new forum? Also, is there a way to increase displays of number of posts per page? Thanks.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

3. orangestreet

4. orangestreet

The Whirlpool forum has an “archive version” which condenses pages and pages of threads into a single page. I have pasted the information below from Whirlpool and a sample link which reduces the threads to one page.

I am no "tech head" but thought perhaps it might be useful.

Viewing/Searching inside a specific thread

A commonly asked question is how one can view a specific thread all on a single page or search within a thread, or print it.

If you use Print or Print Preview in your browser from any page that shows a thread, this will be formatted (via CSS) in a way that is easier to print.

To view all pages of a thread in a single page, you can use the Print / Single Page view link found near the bottom of a thread page. For public forums, the archive view as seen by search engines will be displayed. For non-public forums, this displays the thread in the standard view.

If you prefer to see all pages of public threads in the standard view, rather than archive view, you can add &p=-2 to the thread URL as required

i.e. /forum-replies.cfm?t=3 is changed to:
    /forum-replies.cfm?t=3&p=-2

The link with the ‘archived’ view: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2423825