Thoughts on Resimac

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Undervalued, 7th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Undervalued

Undervalued Member

Anyone with experience dealing with Resimac? They are offering some good rrates for a refi on my ppor but I am used to dealing with banks so just wondering...should I be watching out for anything in particular? Given they are smaller are they more likely to be lifting rates out of cycle?

2. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    been around for years... like Firstmac they negotiated the GFC very well... whether their product has the features you want , I dont know..? Is it only rate you are interested in?

3. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

They are very understated and I use them a lot. They have an excellent product for owner occupied and interest only combo lending.

Unlike other lenders they lend on security purpose rather than loan purpose. So if you have an owner occupied property thats paid off - you can do an equity release for the purposes of purchasing an investment and you get a rate of 4.19% even for interest only.

They have rather mediocre servicing (which is very much inline with the other players) but overall a decent product offering.

They can't handle overly complicated securities (serviced apartments, multiple dwellings on a single title, etc).

They definitely have my tick of approval.

albanga likes this.
  4. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Don't bother using them for SMSF. Good for lo - doc loans and self employed.

Cheers Ivan

5. kennyboi

kennyboi Well-Known Member

They have good rate for PPOR and investment. Servicing is a lot tighter though, in my case, I estimate around 250-300k less borrowing power than with NAB.

Ethan Timor likes this.