QLD Thoughts on Redbank plains property

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by macrr, 29th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. macrr

macrr Member

2. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Have you spoken to Ipswich Council re subdivision?

3. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Have you checked Easements??

4. macrr

macrr Member

No easements on the property.

5. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

RB.JPG
    What about close by? Not sure if this would affect it.

6. DoingOK

DoingOK Well-Known Member

It's not very close to schools or transport. Seems a bit pricy from a quick look. I didn't streetview the street to see if it looks like near oo or IP in its vicinity. I think better options closer to the shops or the area north of the shops.

7. macrr

macrr Member

What would you think is a fair offer? Ballpark figure. I don't want to submit a ridiculous offer,but the agent saying that offers that have already been submitted are just not where the owner wants, is a pain. If only agents could Gove you an idea

8. DoingOK

Depends what you are after. Land size is good but only for a knock down and split and rebuild but that depends on council and they will want 15m frontage for each block. Does it have that. Personally I would not do a build at the moment for many price reasons. There are many nicer houses on re for similar or less but smaller blocks. 44 Kenneth Drive, Augustine Heights is similar price but in better school catchment but small block. 40 laural is dirt cheap and even with a quick 30 K touchup would make a good cash flow IP. Was getting out of the game but might go look at this myself. For similar price I would look at 97 Highbury st. Twice the house but half the block. I would walk away at the price they want or just offer a lowball and tell agent of these others. It's been on market a long time as there are many brand new houses in Redbank plains for less all be it in smaller blocks. Do not go over 380 for this on. There is better around.
    PS this is no longer on re.

9. Squeakywheel

Squeakywheel Well-Known Member

I know the house is high set so would probably be ok. I think the area might flood.

10. DoingOK

Never heard of flooding there. Goodna yes but not really flooding in Redbank plains

11. macrr

macrr Member

12. macrr

macrr Member

ccording to the agent, The owner has done his research and knows the property can be sub-divided into 2 possibly 3 blocks and therefor is not overly negotiable. would have to start with a 4. As a buyer to live in it, not divide, starting to lean towards not going over 4

13. DoingOK

Lots of nicer homes for the price. If you were an investor AND they already had a da then maybe it never based on council may allow it. I don't live in rbp but there is a FB group that would tell you what areas to avoid. Some parts are not great some are fine