QLD Thoughts on (recently sold) Arana Hills Property

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by George Smiley, 23rd Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

I'm still eye-balling this area of Arana Hills, ie the low flat sections not too far from the shops, so interested in your thoughts.

I inspected this property last November and it's just been snapped up. I was seriously considering pulling the trigger but the one major factor that stopped me was that two of the bedrooms were too small which I felt would detract families if I were to sell in the future. I also got emotionally attached to the property which is a bit of a no-no so had to check myself a bit.
    Obviously it is not legal height. The property was in pretty good condition with minor repairs to the tine roof and guttering required. Wooden floorboards and low maintenance garden area were a plus.

Still it was listed at only $510, expecting $515k+.

Note this is a buy and hold, long-term strategy for my first IP so keep this approach in mind.
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property/20-casula-st-arana-hills-qld-4054

2. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

If its sold.. I'm not sure what your asking? lol Are you planning on trying to buy it off the new owner?

3. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

Because I'm on the lookout for similar properties in this part of Arana Hills and truth be told thought it was a very good price compared the other 3 bedroom properties that had recently sold in the area. The sticking point is the small size of 2 of the bedrooms-wanted to pick more experienced brains here to see if it's the obvious deal breaker I thought it was.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.