VIC Thoughts on Nunawading?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Dreambig, 3rd Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dreambig

Dreambig New Member

Hi guys, newbie to the forum.
    Ive read through posts here and gathered so much info!

I was wondering what's people's thought on Nunawading, but coudln't find a thread dedicated to Nuna.

My veiw is it has potential from being next suburb to blackburn/Box hill, train station which will help considering more ppl are going back to work in CBD, better M3 once NE link is completed.
    Most obvious downside i could see is not having a secondary school zone.
    Not sure if preference towards "eastern suburbs" apply to Nuna as well though, and not sure if the industrial image/shops will change.

Would much appreciate if you share your thoughts, particularly parts between Whitehorse Rd and M3.

2. Mouse

Mouse Active Member

It's cheaper than BH because it's less popular - no good schools, less gentrification overall and I wouldn't hold my breath that NEL will improve anything for Eastern suburbs. On top of their regular traffic they are going to get all commuters from as far as Epping and Thomastown and everything in between who all will try to squeeze into Alexandra Parade and Hoddle St.

It's a solid suburb that will move along with the rest of the East but my money will be on something within the Vermont Secondary school zone

3. kaibo

kaibo Well-Known Member

School zone, lack of supermarket and shopping centres compared to neighboring suburbs (too industrial/warehouse on Maroondah Hwy). Maroondah Hwy (canterbury Rd has Blackburn south woolies, Forrest Hill Chase and Brentford square) and Springvale rd two of the biggest roads around that area is not very appealing to live around compared to other neighboring suburbs

Nunawading is a bit of a no mans land and this is reflected in its price

PurpleTurtle, SuperOlaf and The Y-man like this.
  4. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

I think this sums it up well. You can travel about 5 minutes in any direction and you'll find schools & shopping centers, it's well located relative to anything, but you won't find anything decent in Nunawading itself.

Nunawading has the 'Golden Mile' on Springvale Rd. If you're looking for furniture, it's the place to go. There is a significant industrial component. Some of this real estate is very valuable but it's commercial and industrial. The surrounding residential real estate kind of suffers for it.

It's not a bad suburb, but for residential purposes every suburb surrounding Nunawading has something better to offer.

5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Maroondah/Whitehorse? Springy only has the small eateries, station, and bathroom reno joint :D

The Y-man

6. Dreambig

Dreambig New Member

Thanks for the insight!

Would you guys think Nuna have possibility for gentrification & makeover from industrial aspect?

purchased a PPOR at a peak price (subdivided land for current 600m2 pricing - I still have option to pull out) but having second thoughts from investment perspective. Intention is to keep it for long term.

@The Y-man would appreciate if you can share some thoughts

7. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Very unlikley.

There are some fairly decent resi pockets in Nunawading. It's not a bad location, it's just surrounded by better suburbs for residential purposes.

8. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

PM'd you.

The Y-man

9. Dreambig

Dreambig New Member

Got to agree, just looked at the council plan and seems like the plan was to continue with shops selling bulk goods

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.