Thoughts on Matusik? John Lindeman? and Terry Ryder? and reports

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by ej89, 15th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. theperthurbanist

theperthurbanist Well-Known Member

Hmmm, so I should read the book, ask the questions, record the answers... but assume they are wrong?

Sorry to be a bit tongue in cheek! But is that a vote of no-confidence in Margret's approach @CosmicTrevor , or just a recommendation to always double check the results of any one system? I ask this in all seriousness as I was thinking of reading 20 Must Ask Questions myself.

2. theperthurbanist

3. theperthurbanist

I know a friend of a friend who runs a property investing (multi service) firm in Perth who rates John Linderman very highly. Might be some vested interest there I'm not sure.

I've thought of buying his reports before. I like the 'stats based' approach to his recommendations and the focus on supply and demand, though it is only part of the story. As @MTR pointed out, if the predictions haven't been accurate in the past, why bother?

4. CosmicTrevor

CosmicTrevor Well-Known Member

Just don't blindly accept what you read, be skeptical, attempt to verify facts and be prepared to think through statements. One example of this, and I can't remember the author stated that you should always look for locations where there is strong population growth. While that is worthwhile considering what about suburbs that are highly sought after that have limited ability to absorb more people - should they be ignored? Hopefully you see my point.

5. theperthurbanist

Absolutely. Very true.