NSW Thoughts on lane cove?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by GoodSamaritan, 29th Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. GoodSamaritan

GoodSamaritan Member

My partner and I are looking for an apartment for us to live. Our budget is $650k - $700k. This seems to get us a nice 1 bedroom.

We really like the area and it’s close to family and work which is in Chatswood and City.

We looked at Macquarie/North Ryde/Epping and they are also nice areas, but have more high rise. Long term we feel low rise is better and it means less supply. Ideally we’d love chatswood, but the prices are way out of our price range.

For this budget, does anyone else feel any other area is better? We’d be living in it for a few years before renting it out.

2. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

Home is where the heart is. Having family around and close to work are important factors when buying a PPOR.

Would prefer Lane Cove over Ryde and Epping however would come down to the size of property you can get. One bedders can get claustrophobic at times. I would also consider the northern beaches for lifestyle.

3. GoodSamaritan

GoodSamaritan Member

How is transport from the Northern Beaches? I have fears that they only have a bus and no train.

4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I think buses Lane Cove - Chatswood are pretty rare. Might be best to commute by Bike.

5. GoodSamaritan

GoodSamaritan Member

Hi Gockie - Around lane cove North there’s a bus every 10 or so minutes to the city and Chatswood. It also goes to Macquarie Park. Sorry my initial post wasn’t clear.

6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

All good. With the buses, from Lane Cove to the city they go all the time... so when you are forced to wait for a specific bus to get you to Chatswood and all you see are these city buses constantly coming, I'd feel kinda annoyed. Particularly as Lane Cove isn’t that far from Chatswood. Just the city bound buses don’t naturally pass by Chatswood, so you have to wait.

I lived on the west side of Chatswood for a while (Goodchap Rd). That was pretty good because it’s walking distance to Chatswood station. Not sure there’s any/many apartments in your budget you can buy there though.

Last edited: 29th Dec, 2020
  7. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

You're asking the wrong question, it should be how far to the beach!

No trains, just buses and covid.

Bus leaves every 15 minutes from warringah mall to chatswood.

8. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

Lane Cove is a fantastic area with great transport links to the city and is also relatively central with easy access to the M2 (and therefore these days basically linkage to almost all main freeways). The shops and 'downtown' area is very safe and family friendly, with a few cool bars and a lot of great restaurants.

It's difficult to tell someone where they should live but if you're happy to live in a 1 bedder and have no immediate plans to start a family there are plenty of worse places to live in Sydney than Lane Cove. I've never come across anyone who didn't like living there and it was actually the first place in Sydney I lived as a child when we first moved to Sydney from Perth in the mid-80s. Personally I'd take it over Chatswood any day. Maybe I have a bit of a soft spot for it ;)

- Andrew

snowmandan, Cia and David_SYD like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia