QLD Thoughts on Everton Park

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Angel, 20th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

No, Explorer St Toowong in Brisbane, sold for nearly 1.2 million last year.

2. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

WOW impressive, was it a development block?
    That's a tightly held suburb, we know an elderly lady with a house on a large double block in Toowong who is continually approached by developers.
    Not quite the same as sleepy old Everton Park unfortunately.

3. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

Yep, beautiful old house in original condition at front and room at back for townhouses. I have noticed the house is now raised so will become a massive, grand Queenslander.

4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I'd say it would be if comparing in the same price brackets. Inner-medium East (and South of the river).
    You need to go pretty far North to get as dodgy as the dodgy South.
    I don't think I'd be worried at any of the North (and NW) train stations for a fair way out, I'd start getting nervous in the South (not East).

Whitecat likes this.
  5. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Function of geography, with Mount Cootha to the west and the airport East the Northside is stretched out more.
    South of the river residential land is available in all directions.
    To say one side is safer dare I say, is a little bit silly and has little to do with investing IMO.

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

In some respects, but I dare say the crime statistics for Woodridge, Marsden, Inala and Logan would probably back it up.

Hanison and Whitecat like this.
  7. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

There are no suburbs on the north Like those suburbs. Morayfield. Deception Bay. Caboolture (all about 50kms out) are pretty nice in comparison to those Southside suburbs and they are as hardcore as it gets in the north side.
    Take a look
    My colleague with a young family lived in Everton Park moved to the Gap recently sold their place to a young family. That's why safe popped into my mind. It's a quiet, nice neighborhood where people look after their places.
    And for those continually asking about Keperra near there. Do it. Has public housing but gentrifying well due to train to cbd. Also leafy and not far from really nice suburbs.

8. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

If that's our criteria then for over 100 years the number one hot spot would have been Fortitude Valley.

9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Nah, the Valley was pretty mellow until City Rowers closed and all the footy heads started going there looking for pingers.

Hanison likes this.
  10. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I would agree, for sure.
    Cab town and Morayfield are pretty far out. Closer to the Sunshine Coast really.

Whitecat likes this.
  11. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

FV will clean itself up- bigger businesses are moving in and the development happening will gentrify it more. Always been the case worldwide. Most notable example was vegas- back in the day, it was a no go zone with all kinds of vices and serious crime. Big business and expensive apartments moved in and the crime rate dropped very significantly. Same in notting hill in london, perhaps even st kilda in melbourne.

12. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

So much awesome: these people move to the Valley, and then complain about the loud bar THAT WAS RIGHT THERE WHEN THEY MOVED THERE! Bar listens to all the complaints, says righto, and erects a giant sound blocking wall. Just happened to block out most of the light too.
    The unit owners got together and hired a lawyer. They lost:
    Dark Wall

13. Whitecat

Kings cross

14. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Kings cross does not have ythe level of development/gentrification that's happening in fv. The developments in fv are expensive and introduce a more refined crowd than the trash that crawls the streets fri and sat nights. Will take time to clean it out though.

15. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Need the ******* to go back to the City.
    Putting up prices didn't work, just made it seem exclusive.

16. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

IIts not just putting up prices. Its introducing a different type of people that high end residences as well as businesses bring.

17. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Oops, I meant drink prices.
    We need to make a footy drinky precinct.

18. Whitecat

I wouldn't underrate kings cross. It's nothing like it was in 2000. I went there a few months ago. I hardly recognize it. Have to look quite hard to find the sleaze apart from a few strip bars. Expensive restaurants. And there are architectural apartments etc there worth millions.
    FV is lots of square boxes all with the same stock type. Definitely has gentrified though and is much nicer than before. I rate it but would invest a dollar in Kings cross before fv

19. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

OK Boys, back to the pleasantries of leafy Everton Park. I did some price comparisons the other night and am certain this house we are sitting isn't for us. On the other hand, we are now trying to work out how to get our kids to buy into Mum's townhouse in the future given neither of them have an income.

20. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

It wouldnt be PC unless the thread goes off topic at least once. :)