QLD Thoughts on Bracken Ridge

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Dane Clarke, 4th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Yep thats why my houses in Bald Hills and Bracken Ridge rented out after 1 open home. My very first tenants are still in all of them and they dont want to leave anytime soon.

These area's have performed well for me thus far. :)

Last edited: 19th Oct, 2018
  2. shannonkoven

shannonkoven Member

Hi guys any thought on Bracken ridge. Looking at potentially purchasing my first ip in this area and would like people’s opinions on the area and demographics. Cheers

3. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

There's a good area and a not so good area. Bought back in 2015. It's slow and steady growth.

shannonkoven likes this.
  4. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

5. mvmpc

mvmpc New Member

Does anyone have a markup of the good/bad areas in BR?

6. AngeloN

AngeloN New Member

Hi Guys, how is living Bracken Ridge?, has it improved in the past 2 years? or there is any improvement coming? I m planning to visit that area one day when COVID settles or is more under control..

7. The_good_life

The_good_life Well-Known Member

Hi all, looking to buy here among a few other areas in Brisbane and keen to hear thoughts about buying in BR in 2020. For people who have invested in the area, how has your property done, including tenancy in this covid period? Is BR still considered a good buy or has the ship sailed?/wait and watch?
    Thanks

8. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

Would do you think of those modern housing estate style pockets of Bracken Ridge similar in style to what you find in suburbs like Boondall (common single brick homes with little style variation between them, narrow streets with no street parking, red brick demarcation sections in the road commonly between streets etc-Oaktree Place and it's surrounds as an example in Bracken Ridge)? I can't help but feel they're strictly to be avoided from an IP perspective.

Only have a limited impression of this large suburb (over 8km^2 in area) courtesy of Google Maps but there's plenty of nice elevated and hilly sections, perhaps perfectly placed to capture an easterly breeze, that have a lot of family appeal. Pity about the suburb name, 'Bracken' just sounds dry and harsh.