NSW Thoughts on bathurst 2019

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Hayes, 19th May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Hi all, have been looking at regional areas lile orange and have recently come across baturst. Just wondering what peoples thoughts on in estin in bathurst are for a long term investment. Preferably something I can rent out that would pay for itself.

2. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

It is still many months away. I think the Mustangs will be hard to beat unless they are further handicapped.

Oh a property question never mind.

Codie, Archaon, craigc and 4 others like this.
  3. PJT

PJT New Member

Herron Todd White places Bathurst in a rising market at the moment. Market-in-markets ...

During my last trip to Bathurst, many of the locals have noticed a lot of developments happening in the area. They are also planning (and currently) on widening the Great Western Highway due to traffic demands.

MrPinkCarpet likes this.
  4. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Brocky!

VB King and Scott No Mates like this.
  5. MrPinkCarpet

MrPinkCarpet New Member

I’m also looking at Bathurst. With a uni, large hospital and lots of jobs and a cheap entry price it looks like a treat investment.

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Saw my first advert on TV for Bathurst last night, I didn't see when it's on.

7. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Thu, 10 Oct 2019 – Sun, 13 Oct 2019

8. Prospekta.mf

Prospekta.mf Member

I've lived in Bathurst for most of my life, it's a beautiful area and property prices seem to have had a nice surge recently, maybe a delayed reaction/knock-on effect of the Sydney run of a couple of years ago ? There are predictions of a large increase the towns population over the next decade which will no doubt put pressure on housing however there's literally miles and miles of flat to semi flat building land available that will no doubt be opened up as the local council sees fit, there would be enough room to build another Bathurst imo. The water situation is also a worry at the moment, likely to run out by March 2020 if we don't get decent rain. My (very unqualified) advice would be to look at older federation style houses close to the cbd as they are becoming harder to get hold of and bring a premium when tastefully renovated, there is also some gentrification taking place in the areas directly around the train station. I'm buying my first IP soon but it won't be in the Bathurst area, will be somewhere where there is a lot less land available.

9. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

what's your observation of the current market? im coming to bathurst next weekend.