Thornbury and keperra

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Cabricabri, 19th Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cabricabri

Cabricabri Well-Known Member

I bought a 2 bedroom apartment (1 of 9, built in 1970) in Thornbury in 2017 and I can’t much see capital growth. I rent it out as I’m a FIFO worker.

Would you expect that area and kind of investment to have any growth in the next 3 years?

In addition to that I have saved for a deposit for my second property. I’m keen to buy a house or a townhouse in a blue chip location. As I see myself priced out of Melbourne I am thinking to target Keperra in Brisbane (550 -600k). Would that be a good move? Or I should keep saving for one more year and get something in Melbourne?

I’m interested mainly in capital growth as I’m in my early 30’s.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance

2. Cabricabri

Cabricabri Well-Known Member

Just an update on this one.

I’ve contacted Andrew Allen (BA in Brisbane) but I am also looking at the Melbourne market just in case I can find something with a twist.

I need to make a decision and I seem to be stuck.

option 1: terrace house that needs a cosmetic renovation in Brunswick. Around 850k

option 2: Art Deco apartment in St Kilda / Elwood that needs a cosmetic renovation. Around 700k

option 3: house in keperra or Stafford heights in Brisbane. Around 650k.

What option do you think I should go for? My first priority is capital growth.

Thanks in advance

3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

House in Bruns would be my choice - but depends a lot on structural condition etc.

The Y-man