This is what Terry has to say????

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by MTR, 31st Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Last edited: 31st Aug, 2016
    Xenia likes this.
  2. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

interesting, I would have preferred he break the details up for units as well as houses

MTR likes this.
  3. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

This is historical data, not much to debate. We all know Brisbane is far down on the 10 year rankings, which is one of the reasons it has been sought after, with @JDP1's boom overdue. On these parameters alone, this is a ranking of those cities that have already had their growth. Brisbane will no doubt overtake Perth and Darwin. Expand it out to 20 years and I thought Brisbane was still ahead of Sydney and Melbourne (?)

Taku Ekanayake likes this.
  4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Came in expecting information about trusts, then read the link where he was rating Darwin and lost any credibility

Skilled_Migrant and Phantom like this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Interesting, none of Perth's top 10 blue chip suburbs made the list because this market has not yet recovered from the crash of 2007.
    At the end of the day these are long term stats.

6. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Best locations for long term growth, I don't know why Terry allows himself to be associated with misleading headlines.
    I think we all know what has happened, where's the predictions for the next 10 years?

Bran likes this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

This is the problem with these stats too broad, you don't see the big picture. However many investors buy property and refer to long term growth stats as an indicator to buy.

8. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

This report seems to be creating the rankings out of historical data, rather than looking forward?

It's hard to see Perth and Darwin being ahead of Brissie over the next 10 years?

I won't be signing up to Mr Ryder's "Insight"......Better info on this forum.

Colin Rice, Bran and MTR like this.
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

As I mentioned this is also typical of how many investors buy property, by gaging past performance of suburbs and assuming the performance will be the same the following 10 years.

Colin Rice likes this.
  10. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

That's right.
    Brisbane will definitely overtake Perth and Darwin. Brisbane is a rapidly developing market and prices haven't kept pace in hasn't been fully priced in yet. RE is slow moving In general especially so with Brisbane - it just doesn't have the faster moving characteristics that other markets such as Sydney/Mel have. Let there be no doubt though that in time it will be fully priced in. You want to have good exposure when that happens. Already begun but still a ways to go..

11. Player

Player Well-Known Member

This is what Player has to say........

@MTR Before you change your avatar again, this one is my favourite so I've captured it in perpetuity:

[​IMG]

EN710, willair, Bran and 1 other person like this.
  12. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Perth – ranked #3
    Brisbane – ranked #5

That's hilarious!

MTR likes this.
  13. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

He has simply put the wrong heading on it. Silly

EN710 and MTR like this.
  14. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    Interesting to read. I did note a few mistakes in the Adelaide section though e.g. suburbs listed under the wrong council and very questionable median prices for some of the suburbs- Taperoo, Alberton, Semaphore, Greenacres & Mansfield Park.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.