This Gambler's Stock Rally Is a Losing Bet

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by twisted strategies, 13th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

have just discovered this guy , i DON'T hang on his every word

but you are hopefully smart enough to gain snippets of insight from the video

DYOR

PS i INVEST but i have to compete with plenty of traders to grab a few shares at a decent price

2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

to my thinking a lot of this guy's thought translate to the Australian and New Zealand markets as well

3. TickerHound

TickerHound Well-Known Member

I actively avoid economic commentary and predictions these days, and secondary indicators - though I do like discussing them all and do get dragged in, unfortunately. Makes me doubt things as the market will often do the opposite, and break expectations like it did over the last 3 months.

The market is moved by the huge whales of institutional funds. These guys struggle to buy stocks outside the S&P100 because they're so big. They're not the Robinhood traders. They don't tell us why they're buying or selling, and will often hide their moves by selling stocks while the indexes power up (or vice versa).

I started buying back into the market at the end of March because there were signs of institutional funds coming back in. It made absolutely no sense then, still doesn't, and the whole move up has been completely illogical to me. In fact, I was predicting a prolonged bear market which would make the most sense to everyone. Maybe we will find out why those big funds moved the market this high in 6 to 12 months time.

4. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Doesnt seem illogical to me. Large amounts of money being pumped into the economy eroding its value . .. Could it be relativity, that the issue isnt the stockmarket falling but the value of cash falling, where else can huge amounts of cash be put to protect it from falling in value. ? Some companies such as Paypal, livestreaming and on line retailers have had best quarterly earnings ever, other tech stocks such as touch pay and livestreaming, are where they were planning to be in 10 years, condensed into 10 weeks. Been oportunities to get growing high yeilds where you get nothing for cash. New retail investing accounts up 70%. P,S Didnt waste my time watching the Video stopped it after 20 seconds.