Thinking of starting a bouldering gym (rock climbing gym)

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by hpresident, 14th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

well tickle me pink!!! you know your stuff!!!!!

JacM likes this.
  2. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

How about running training such as Working at Heights & Confined Space Entry as well as having the rock climbing?

Target, construction, mining, re-qualification, emergency services, Crossfit and Obstacle Course type peeps, along with school groups and serious rock climbers

There a couple in our area and we've taken the kids a few times

Boulderhub
    City Summit
    PWR Urban Ascent
    Rockface
    The Hangout
    Joondalup Climbing Centre

hpresident likes this.
  3. Jughead

Jughead New Member

@hpresident Did you end following through with the boulder gym? Which state?
    If so, how is all progressing? Very niche market but if you know you're stuff and love climbing it's doable

4. hpresident

hpresident Well-Known Member

I spoken with quite a few people and ended up not going ahead due to the large up front capital investment also my lack of experience and lack of supporting network. I did start my own business doing something else unrelated to rock climbing and is going quite well. I might re-evaluate the idea later when I free up cash from real estate.

5. Renorookie

Renorookie Member

This one started up in Perth recently (Movement Co - Perth's First Mixed Movement Facility) it's a mix of strength and conditioning, plus has yoga, parkour areas and bouldering etc.. the gym and yoga memberships would give you the base income with the boulderig as an added extra, this eliminates the niche side of it. It applies to a wider range of market then