They DO listen! ....people who wake up and don't leave it till it's too late.

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by hammer, 16th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd make another post inspired by @skater 's excellent thread.

Because sometimes they DO listen!

Share your stories of friends who were able to get their excrement together after some help/nudge/support for you.

I'll kick things off..

Had a friend mid 40s just come out of a breakup with nothing. Zip. Nada.

They'd spent the last year couch surfing and barely keeping things together. Luckily they found a copy of barefoot investor lying around at one of the places. They read it and started saving.

6 months later they explained their situation to me and they were really worried that they'd never get a 20 percent deposit together.

I'm like "who says you need 20 percent?"

I sat down with them, did the numbers and showed them that even paying a LMI penalty, they were a country mile better off buying than renting.(This is Darwin...the yield here right now is nuts).

I helped them with the first few inspections, showed them what was safe, what wasn't (@Sackie 's risk minimisation philosophy is gold).

They quickly got the hang of it and found a little 2 br triplex, on 300m2, self managed body corp in a good area...for well under 300k (read that and weep Sydney!).

They nailed it.

They pick up the keys this week and never have to couch surf again.

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

That's brilliant! Even if they do nothing from here on in, at least when they hit retirement, they will have a home. Nothing worse than a single pensioner trying to afford rent. Good work.

Elle Ar, Rugrat, Baker and 2 others like this.
  3. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Cousin, blue collar worker with a low salary, needed a break. Few months off his 40'th. Just scored his first IP. I could have cried with how happy I was. I drunk half a bottle of vodka that night to celebrate on his behalf.

New Town, hammer, skater and 2 others like this.
  4. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

A family member, on a teachers salary, bought a 2 bed apartment in a small complex on the Sunshine Coast 4 years ago. They were early 30s, barely scraped a deposit together...

They rented the place out, and lived in various ****** sharehouses to save money.

The apartment has doubled in value in 4 years, and the rent has increased by 50%.

They get it!! :D:D:D

Elle Ar, hammer, skater and 4 others like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia