The upside to a Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Air_Bender, 9th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Stay tuned. :D

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I watched some Fox News and also some Hannity today (never again).

Hannity and his pro-Trump guests simply verbally trampled over anything the one token person trying to argue the other side to the rah rah Trump story being talked up by Hannity and his pro-Trump guests.

Yet a few on here argue that the media is mostly anti-Trump and biased. Goodness... clean your ears out and take a listen to Fox! A more biased station couldn't be found. Trump can do no wrong.

Except that the "facts" being quoted were completely mis-quoted, cherry picked tidbits which we've seen in full, and the clips chosen carefully left out the context, or the soundbite or part of the interview before or after the quoted piece. Very sneaky, very Trump. Sad.

The guests trying to argue the opposing case were not allowed to finish a sentence before being jumped on and literally shouted down by the host or guests. Sad. Bigly sad.

Someone cherry picked that the London Mayor said "no need to worry" or whatever the actual quote was which was said in response to the bit before saying there would be a larger police presence and "no need to worry" about the extra police on the streets. Hannity and his minions made it sound like he was referring to the situation as a whole, which is wrong, and we all have seen the clip, so we know what he meant. Hannity called him "stoooopid".

I'll stick with Anderson Cooper. He doesn't like Trump but he is polite and always has more than one pro-Trump supporter on his panels. He gives them the courtesy of being heard and arguments against what they are saying are put without shouting, ranting (like Hannity and his fellow pro-Trump rabble).

Hannity needs a leash.

Lizzie, geoffw and wategos like this.
  3. Bayview

Really?

Anderson Cooper is Very Sorry He Talked About Trump Taking a Dump

Look; let's be brutally honest; all Anchors of all media will talk over their guests to hammer a point home, to keep their guest off-balance; it's standard stuff.

Very annoying of course....I've been watching the various players do it for decades; Aus tv, USA tv, UK tv....pick any news media you like; even breakfast news shows etc; they all do it.

He also said that; "London was one of the safest Cities in the world":
    List of terrorist incidents in London - Wikipedia.

Scroll down to near the bottom for the islamic attacks; which are more relevant to his statement made recently.

He also said that; "Terrorism is part and parcel of living in a major city"
    Flashback: London Mayor Says Terrorism Is ‘Part And Parcel Of Living In A Big City’

I don't buy that attitude; if that's your mindset; you have lost the fight and are a danger to the Citizens.

Last edited: 8th Jun, 2017
  4. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

I agree that stuff is hard to watch, Hannity makes me sick.

Some on Fox are waking up though, this guy tells Trump that he is the problem, not the media.

Bayview and wylie like this.
  5. Bayview

Shock horror....I agree with you!! :p xoxoxoxox

See; Fox is not some Far Right Trump-loving group-think echo-chamber as you guys reckon.

Neil Cavuto is very good; is perhaps the most balanced of them all, but there are a number of others who also chime in with these sorts of comments often...
    Charles Krauthammer, Newt Gingrich, Larry Elder, Brett Baier, Martha McCallum, Judge Jeanine, Tucker Calrson, Dana Perino, Kimberley Guilfoyle, Jesse Watters, Greg Gutfeld, and a few others do actually give the Pres a whack when they think he deserves it.

The tweets are a double-edged sword.

MTR likes this.
  6. wylie

Yes really. Those two clips are the only ones I can recall where he lost his cool and I watch it daily. Good on you for finding two clips. Such a naughty boy for rolling his eyes.

I have to say the "dump on the desk" was out of character but was exactly what everyone was thinking and I've not laughed so much for a while. Jeffrey Lord would argue til he was blue in the face and has never (except for yesterday) admitted Trump did something not quite right. He is funny. Bigly funny.

And the rolled eyes for Conway were well deserved too. It is the one time I've seen him be anything less than a pure gentleman (and Conway has acknowledged that several times after being interviewed by him).

But well done for picking those two. Want me to start on Fox?

Bayview and geoffw like this.
  7. wylie

Oh yes it is... bigly. Sad.

Bayview likes this.
  8. Bayview

Haven't you guys been doing that for the last 47 pages? :p:D

9. Bayview

Trump's tweets are starting to brainwash you...:D

I still don't know why you are so shocked that Fox is more pro-Trump; they openly say they are; and show it in their % of pos/neg reporting....48/52.

The difference is - and I've said it many times - your mob will never admit they are Left leaning and/or negative Trump - they keep on insisting they are completely balanced and and fair and reports facts....

You and I know that is false.....89% negative reports.

10. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Talking about brainwashing

Downtrend

[​IMG]

Bizpac Review

[​IMG]

The Washington Feed

[​IMG]

LifeZette
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

sanj likes this.
  11. Bayview

Irrespective of what the leaning is; the links provided there are actual words said.

It is not Anchor or reporter opinion, influenced by Political leaning - as all platforms are.

The words said are the evidence;

So; that bloke from California - who wants folks to attack ICE agents - it will be the same words whether shown on Nancy Grace, CNN, Fox or Alex Jones.

The guy is clearly a TDS, anti-Trump, radical Left; nutjob.

Where the differences enter into it is; the Left leaning platforms will either ignore him completely because he is too crazy even for them; or they will try and spin it into him being some civ lib warrior - which is more their narrative.

The Right platforms will show the footage; and love to show it - because they see him (as I do) as a nutjob; inciting folks to attack Cops and become violent....yet the Liberals are always bleating on about how Trump supposedly incites violence and division?

Hypocracy...too funny.

Generally; the Left media will probably mostly suppress and ignore this bloke, and the Right will jump on it and show-case him as an idiot.

That is how the game is played.

12. geoffw

Do you really believe this is balanced reporting?
    Another coverage of the same story
    Mayor Eric Garcetti fears immigration arrests in L.A. could spark riots

Your continued selection of stories from far right sources does not support your viewpoint of yourself as well balanced.

13. Bayview

As I said; it is not a question of whether it is seen as balanced or not; it is reporting what the guy said.

As I said; the balance/bias (or lack of) comes into it when you see some platforms completely ignore it or spin it, or showcase it; depending on their Politics.

For example; the Left media ran with "handgate" for days and days; the Right media went; "pffft; have a look at how these Lefties are hackin' on about it - report the real stuff"...

See what I mean?

I never said I was balanced - I have always stated I am conservative, and a Trump supporter.

As I also said; "Far Right" is a term very often by used by folks on the Left to describe ALL Conservatives...it is a subjective view.

How stuffed is their Country, if when the Law is enforced; folks can't handle it and riot?

14. wylie

15. wylie

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

My fav is Charles, Newt, J Jeanne

Greg Gutfeld is hilarious, his jokes too funny

BTW, any upside been too busy

Bayview likes this.
  17. geoffw

1. I'm not even sure why you quoted this article to begin with. It seems that anybody who has a viewpoint more liberal than you is equal, and the actions or words of some are representative of the whole.
    That could go both ways. I'm sure these people represent your viewpoint
    Westboro Baptist Church Picket Schedule
    KKK likely to get OK to rally in Charlottesville park

2. The headline doesn't match what he said.
    He is saying that people will say "no". He is not encouraging people to riot- he's just looking at the situation, and can see that there will be people who respond. In whatever way it could happen. As a mayor, he will need to respond if a situation gets out of hand. He's seen riots happen before, and he knows the situation is tense.

It's the reporter who is putting the spin on the story. And he is the dangerous one.

3. You don't like the label "far right". But you are continually posting stories from sources which have been rated by an independent source as being far right, sometimes tending to extreme. The rating is based on the choice of stories, and objectivity in the reporting (and lack thereof). The story you produced shows extremely biased reporting, twisting what the mayor actually said to suit his own purposes.

Lizzie likes this.
  18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Tick tick tick....... impeachment......Watergate.....Russian spys, I mean collusion......

Can we add anything to this? LOL

BTW. Hannity net worth $80million
    Those wanchor guys earn a fortune

19. wylie

What on earth does Hannity's worth have to do with anything?

Ambit likes this.
  20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

nothing, I started a thread some time ago on NET WORTH, check it out, you can learn a lot from this stuff.

Cooper CNN worth $100m, his from American royalty mother is Gloria Vanderbilt, watched the doco, fascinating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.