The upside to a Trump presidency - part 2

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MTR, 9th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'm no political person. Just seems so many people were dissatisfied with Obama and the way things were being run. Otherwise Trump would never have gotten in.

Dam, I tried to stay out of the political threads.

LVR and MTR like this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

He got voted in. Must have been something very wrong with the way things were to vote him in, knowing he has no political experience and shoots his mouth off. Still got voted in. Anyway, I don't care too much for politics.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of either party atm, but I completely don't identify with much of what labor stands for.

Ok that's me done for politics for at least 6 months.

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Of course. You only want to see Trump's successes, and ignore Obama's. Ok.

Without what Obama had done (which was good but not outstanding overall) Trump would be nowhere.

Obama inherited a recession and finished with prosperity. With six years of that despite a hostile Congress.

Casteller and wylie like this.
  5. geoffw

So we are not allowed to comment on Trump unless it's good news? Wow. Talk about freedom of speech.

6. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Exactly. Only 1 in 5 americans voted for Trump, about 62m out of 320m. Hillary got 3m more of the popular vote than Trump. Perhaps you don't understand the electoral college voting system if you think trump was the most popular . The PRESIDENT is NOT VOTED IN BY POPULAR VOTE but by Electors representing states who can vote how ever they want, and not necessarily by what the majority in their state wish.

geoffw and wylie like this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I think its a mute point.... I understand very well.....Trump is Prez….

Last edited: 14th Aug, 2018
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Exactly.....

Also a Big disappointment for Black Africans. He had an opportunity to make a difference here.

He was a show pony, media were ******* in his pocket and he soaked it up.

Worked well for the Obamas though.... I think its a 60M book deal. Nice little earner

Barack Obama's original sin: America's post-racial illusion

LVR likes this.
  9. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

It would be good to see what Trump is earning and has earned since he came into office. He's certainly pulling in more than one book deal is worth.

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

For sure his a billionaire, I have no problem with rich people, good luck to them

Most people on this firum are trying to achieve financisl freedom

11. geoffw

You seemed to have a problem with Obama earning from a book deal, but not with Trump earning money?

12. wylie

... especially given the Emoluments Clause. There are so many things that would have caused an uproar for any past president that Trump seems to just bulldoze through. But time till judge him.

geoffw likes this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Not at all... I think its the other way around

14. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Obama certainly disappointed in a number of areas. Claiming he made no difference to the black community (BTW its either black or african American, black Africans are an entirely different demographic) is a hard one to understand

As a singular data based example that can.be quantified, Black unemployment when Obama entered the Office was 16%. When he left it was 8%. Can you help me understand how this wasn't an example of a significant positive difference being made? Let's try and separate ideology etc and facts, otherwise it gets too hard and unproductive

Under Trump it has continued to drop and is 6% or so now which is a good thing.

luckyone, wylie, wategos and 2 others like this.
  15. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

That's not what you implied.

At least Obama wrote his book, a great orator and writer.
    Trump is incapable, very low intellect (to use his words). Someone else wrote his whole book for him.

16. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Yes but trump had it given to him. He is not much of a business person, lots of failures, ripped a lot of people off.

wylie likes this.
  17. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Wow - just wow - how low can he stoop ... :eek:

Screenshot (458).png

18. radson

radson Well-Known Member

I think there will be a lot of upside tp the trump presidency ..eventually..kind of like the post Nixon effect.

The Republican party will hopefully base itself again on policy rather than idolatry. Once The Democrats take congress again in November, checks and balances will have more meaning as was the original intention of the constitution.

The scope of people running for office has surged, on the democrat side a lot more women and minorities are becoming part of the democratic process.

The fascists, white supremacists and neo-nazis have revealed themselves. All the more effective to identify and deal with in a public forum rather than insidiously behind the scenes.

The Republican party will eventually have to realise that the presidency is an office and not a person and have to reestablish themselves once the cult is over. They may even be so bold as to make some policy (remember infrastructure) !, rather than just tax cuts...Maybe even think about tackling that debt.

wategos, geoffw, Lizzie and 1 other person like this.
  19. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I've said it before - I really believe that Trump is the president the USA needed and deserved atm (can't stand the guy) - to bring to the surface the undercurrent of racism, sexism and all the other -isms, so that they can be identified, called out and dealt with in the light ... instead of continuing to hide and breed in the dark.

Pity it has to be such a painful process

geoffw and wylie like this.
  20. wylie

I feel the same Lizzie. He has brought it all out into the open and hopefully this is an opportunity for decent people to call him and his party out on it. Then, like scraping a wound clean, the country can move forward, knowing what they DON'T want.

Lizzie likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.