The upside to a Trump presidency - part 2

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MTR, 9th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

{Note from mods - this thread continued from here: The upside to a Trump presidency}

Mentioned this a few times, American people are the losers you are absolutely right, not cynical at all.

Last edited by a moderator: 14th Aug, 2018
    Sackie likes this.
  2. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Your cynicism is largely justified, our political system needs major improvement too but the American system is broken. The fact is though that the situation in America would be a lot worse if there were no checks and balances at all, with things like Senate hearings under oath and the complete independence of the FBI , both being extremely important regardless of who is in power

Sackie likes this.
  3. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

It appears that way.

He did not take a testimony from Hillary under oath - which he should have.

His conversations with her were not recorded - which they should have been.

He was between a rock and hard place when the evidence against Hillary starting coming through....a Presidential candidate caught up in what looked to be serious crimes; destroying evidence under subpoena (emails, hardrives and phones), lying to Congress, and they lying about lying...plus more; but not related.

However; that doesn't excuse not following through in a completely non-Political way, and as per his job.

He said that there was evidence, but then decided that there was not a case worth pursuing - that was not his call.

He was obliged to collect evidence and then forward it to the A.G (Lynch). This was not done, and so he made a decision on his own.

This should have been cut off right at that point by the A.G at least....the President, the Dems and the Left media were silent.

Orion likes this.
  4. Bayview

One of them became President when everyone on the Left wanted the other candidate to win...

And; given one of the Left's (arguably the more "hard Left") narrative and mindsets is anti-capitalism and class warfare politics; "Tax the Rich!!".... this narrative has risen it's ugly head to the surface, and in part forms some of the massive TDS that is still going on.

I have no doubt that if Bloomberg, or Romney (any rich Conservative candidate) had won at the expense of Hillary; and was pushing the exact same social and economic agenda, including tweets and blunt non-PC statements; they would be experiencing similar fun.

5. sanj

We are discussing trump. Discuss trump pls

Also, it appears you haven't gone thru his testimony in detail because your post makes no sense if you did.

The previous AG got thrown in it big time by Comey for inappropriately interfering and requesting for him to amend his description of the investigation when discussing it in public, IE she appeared biased towards Clinton.

What you are asking for means you're saying someone who is as comfortable saying a Republican presidential was inappropriate as he is saying a democrat AG was inappropriate, should ignore his briefing and his role to be independent and simply forwarded the final decision on Hillary to the person he deemed to be inappropriately bias in Hillary's favour.

Umm yeah try again bro

6. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Your cynicism if spot on ... although our system is a little questionable in places, it has a lot of integrity, especially when it comes to donations - unlike the American system where anyone's morales is up for sale at the right price.

sanj likes this.
  7. sanj

Umm yeah nah bro

You seem to.tjink this is all about Hillary and nothing to do with trump himself.

I can see why Anderson Cooper said what he did to Jeffrey Lord because you have a similar ability to never see a single thing wrong with someone who has managed to make cockups top of the list of his Skillset

Ambit, Bayview and wylie like this.
  8. Bayview

We are discussing all things Trump - both sides, good and bad, because they all are pertinent to the title, and everyone has opinions on all of it and all the players.

There are no sacred cows; as we have seen.

Comey's testimony right now might be related to Trump in terms of Trump firing him, and what he and Trump did or di not discuss; but Comey was fired for not doing his job correctly, and politicising his role ..that was related to the whole Hillary saga, so it goes to relevance.

At this stage everyone (on the never-Trump side) wants/is hoping it to be about Trump and collusion/obstruction of Justice and so on.

The obstruction of Justice part has already pretty much been decided as per Comey's written testimony released yesterday, and the testimony given by the Intelligence Dept guys yesterday.

Last edited: 9th Jun, 2017
  9. sanj

Yeah you're right, my bad. On the morning of testimony under oath regarding the trump administration the most important thing to do is to ignore it all and discuss the candidate he defeated in the election last year.

Sorry I keep forgetting what's important

Bayview, geoffw, Lizzie and 1 other person like this.
  10. sanj

Wow! I didn't realise the whole time who I was debating, I apologise sir.

Comey himself said he could not comment on whether or.not it constituted obstruction and that he had not completed investigations, repeating that ultimately it is up to Mueller to decide after completing in full.

He should have just called you, you could've told him what would definitely happen in the future that no one else, including the former FBI director , is privy to.

What are the Powerball numbers for next week?

Bayview, wylie and geoffw like this.
  11. Bayview

Trump.jpg

MTR likes this.
  12. Bayview

I only ever get called "CUR" ...usually by my golfing playing partners after I roll in a 30 footer...but it's also usually a few more personalised adjectives thrown in before hand. :p

13. sanj

Bzzzzt try again.

It.is accepted by almost all, including most of.your lot, that Russia influenced the election
    What people don't known is how, who etc

If finding that out is flogging a dead horse then I gravely worry for your sense of.whats important and what isn't

Besides, why discuss that dead horse when the entirely more relevant issues of Hillary, Obama etc can be discussed instead right?

Weren't u talking about pink batts and the $900 govt giveaway for a good few years? But this issue, which has in no way been resolved in terms of how it occurred and how to prevent in future, this issue is the one we all need to move on from.

Sure about that?

Lizzie and Bayview like this.
  14. Bayview

The Russians meddled, but did not influence the Election.

Hillary had waaaay more votes....3 million or so?

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

What a waste of tax payers money.

I would say the issue of leaking is far more serious issue, but seems to be brushed under the carpet, no idea why???? Do you???

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Did you see the list of excuses Hillary has given for not winning the election? The only one missing on the list is HILLARY.... lol

BTW, how did golf go??
    Partner went golfing this morning, another bad morning

17. Bayview

You're on fire today! :D

18. Bayview

LOL!

Yes; I think it's over a dozen?

It's rather sad...I hear she might be running again in 2020? o_O

Would that be a 3-peat? :p

MTR likes this.
  19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I find it difficult to reply to your posts, your avatar is distracting me, I know I should be watching Fox, not kept up with Comey... shmucko

20. sanj

Wrong. This has now been accepted by heads of intelligence community under trump administration too

Hope you weren't relying on an accurate post % in the double digits, cos you might be in trouble

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.