The Ultimate List of Property Research Websites

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by theperthurbanist, 15th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Anil

Anil Member

It’s goldmine with amazing info. Could you please send me the word file format.

Regards

2. Andy909

Andy909 Active Member

I have found planning alert really useful to check recent development application near the property. You can always go to Council website and put each address and check but this website makes this process faster and links to Council website.https://www.planningalerts.org.au

TheRons, DanUM and theperthurbanist like this.
  3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

It's potentially good, but not useful in my area at least. There were only 8 alerts within 2km of my place, the most recent one was four years ago. It didn't show the one for next door from 6 months ago.

TheRons likes this.
  4. theperthurbanist

theperthurbanist Well-Known Member

Agreed. Great potential however I’ve found it hasn’t tended to cover the areas I’ve been looking at. It’s been a while since I’ve checked it out but if I recall correctly the local government has to ‘opt in’ to the system? Or is it that the website operators that source and upload the DAs?

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

For much of the Perth ones it will link to what it being advertised via Community Consultation webpages. Most councils remove the links once advertising is finished so then planning alerts is linked to a page that isn't there. The data can still be found though I have found.

6. AlbertWT

AlbertWT Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the list :)

7. jack0194

jack0194 Active Member

I just found this. Can I ask are there any other sites out there given the fact this list was done 3 years ago?

8. jack0194

jack0194 Active Member

Could you send this to me, please?

9. moshkipod

moshkipod Active Member

i like this list .. it also shows the extend of time you have to spend as an investor to find the right match and the months of research it takes to develop expertise when looking to invest in a new area. Ive taken upon myself a challenge (using my I.T. and investment exp.) to try and develop a solution that consolidate a lot of this info. into one solution . Just started so stay tuned.. :).

10. Australian Frequent Liar

Australian Frequent Liar New Member

@theperthurbanist
    Just checking in to see if there have been any updates to the original post?
    If others out there can provide further insightful links to review that would be great as well.

Cheers

11. Bill_epping

Bill_epping Member

@theperthurbanist , Thanks for the detailed list. Could you please share the word file if possible?
    Thanks

12. applesathome

applesathome Well-Known Member

Curious to see if any new sites people are using. Are the paid subscription resources a lot better than what you can find for free?

13. PropDir

PropDir Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi all - another one to add to your list is our platform at Property Investor & Bookkeeping Services - PropertyDirector

We provide access to research and market activity reports covering all suburbs in Australia including capital growth/median prices going back 40 years, detailed demographics covering all Australian suburbs, suburbs map (and more).

Our reports are visualised in an easy-to-comprehend fashion, and we allow multiple suburbs and data points to be compared simultaneously to provide greater insights.

We partner with PriceFinder and SQM Research, ensuring high quality data.

You can register to our free 7-day trial here Register | PropertyDirector to get a flavour of what we offer.

@applesathome - in answer to your question, paid subscription services are generally able to provide better resources because most high quality data is not available free of charge - e.g. at PropertyDirector we buy data from proven suppliers to ensure we provide our subscribers quality data. Ultimately its about providing quality resources and good value to subscribers.

Last edited: 13th Dec, 2021
    applesathome likes this.
  14. Joy1111 JD

Joy1111 JD Member

This list is really awesome.

Thank you

15. clearskies

clearskies Member

Great list. Thanks for sharing.

I noticed Boomtown is down - anyone know if that's permanent or temporary?

Does anyone know where to find current SA3 (Statistical Area Level 3) data for things like:
    - current median price
    - current yield
    - days on market
    - vacancy rates etc

Thanks

16. PropDir

PropDir Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi @clearskies - PropertyDirector.com.au provides all of that data at a suburb level.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.