The things people say...

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Lil Skater, 10th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

All depends on the sizing of your system. Sized correctly the temp shouldn't change, though the flow might.

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I have a unit with a 50 litre hot water unit. An instantaneous one would be good in there I suspect... the 50 litre tank is good for 1 shower only. If you want a hot bath, it had better be a real shallow one. If an instantaneous unit can solve that problem, i'd go for it.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

A 50 litre unit is a waste of space - insufficient capacity for anything more than a kitchen/shower in a bedsit. Running costs are high as it is constantly heating unless on offpeak, then you'd run out of hot water pretty quickly. A properly sized instantaneous should be able to service 3-4 bedroom house - pressure will be an issue in any system where you run 3 or 4 showers at the same time, same as running 3-4 taps at full tilt.

4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Yeah, just what I read on here briefly:
    Hot water systems.

5. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

This video is my favourite for illustrating stupidity in things people say this year

Iamnumber5, Adele and D.T. like this.
  6. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I don't think she's joking either innit? Poor soul.

7. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I had to turn off the video after one minute. I don't think I could go on living if I watched it to the end.

Lil Skater and wylie like this.
  8. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

The guy in the clip 'Brad' appears to have done a whole lot of these poking fun at this woman and posted on the Internet.

Either it is fake (likely) or he is a truly horrible person,

9. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Hi Wylie
    I had a chuckle at your MIL too.

One of my tenants doesn't require me to get BC permission for his pets as he doesn't have any. So what are these? O they are my goldfish.

10. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Actually, I agree with the tenant on this one! Now, cats, dogs, mice, budgies etc that's one thing, but what harm is a goldfish going to cause!

Goldfish are decoration rather than pets.

legallyblonde and Angel like this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

On a fishing trip some time ago now ....This person cut up a rubber fishing lure ready to hook up...and asked. "where are the gizzards/blood"....

Scott No Mates likes this.
  12. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

No. Not correct at all.

13. Perthguy

Me to my investment partner: Yay! Our properties will finally be positively geared. That means they will be paying us instead of us paying them.
    Investment partner: I'm not very happy about that. It means we will be paying more tax!

*facepalm*

Lil Skater, inertia and JohnPropChat like this.
  14. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

I always wanted to ask how you guys structure your investment properties? Some kind of trust or just TIC?

15. Perthguy

TIC at this stage. Ideally, I would put my investments 100% in my name and his 100% in his name but at this stage neither of us can afford to. That's what we are working towards though.

JohnPropChat likes this.
  16. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Yeah, tax is an evil thing to be avoided at any cost for some....they have no calculator nor manual for abacus.

I had had a lot of people in past say silly things in regard to tax......like....

me; Why did you buy that thing for $3000, you could have had the other for 500 ?

them; yeah, but it is tax deductible.

They nearly always think they get back the amount they spent... :)

17. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I agree. It is a 600 mm long aquarium , very nice and clean. I figure if the glass breaks and it damages my carpet or the upstairs floor, then his bond will take care of it. The guy is an OCD clean freak so it shouldn't be an issue.

18. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I was at a church ladies' lunch many years ago with the usual flat-earth level of dumbness. The hostess was telling us that her accountant husband is out today buying a loss making business because they have sold their business to retire and they need a loss making one now so they wont have to pay any CGT. I starred at her in shock and just had to ask if she could explain this to me. She couldn't. She threw her hands up in the air saying that she doesn't understand anything about money and he takes care of all that stuff. He must know what he is doing as he is an accountant. Reading this again ten years later I still don't understand. Good thing I didn't become an accountant like my high school careers officer suggested.

19. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Agree. An upgrade is an upgrade regardless of when it is done. A repair is a repair.

Perthguy likes this.
  20. brettc

brettc Well-Known Member

Intelligent, well educated lady I know thought until she was in her 30's that when you pushed the different buttons on a toilet they went to different places. Number 1's to one location and number 2's to another, so she was always incredibly careful that she pushed the right button.