The things I do when I have a tenant changeover

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Depreciator, 3rd Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SarahD

SarahD Well-Known Member

Add cleaning the gutters :) Nobody likes a call from the PM saying water has backed up and run down the walls in the recent storm (I know from experience that as PM's we don't like making that call either!!).

13774 likes this.
  2. Scandrew

Scandrew Well-Known Member

So I failed to heed the OP's recommendations (busy personal period during the time of the tenant change over) and have run into minor maintenance issues that could've probably been managed by myself. It is what it is.

With minor maintenance requests (ie. down lights not working, clogged showerhead) do you guys generally go with the property managements tradies, your own private tradies or DIY?

3. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

I always DIY, but my rental properties are close to home and I have the skills and tools to do stuff. I still use property managers, but I get them to ask the tenant if they're okay with the owner doing the work.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia